Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sure it would be a big cost to the weather channel (hotel and/or lodging, etc), but they have wheels on their vehicles.  Do they fly the mets in to meet the ground troops or do they travel by vehicle? 

If vehicle, just suck it up, take a loss, and go find the flippin snow.  What would he have had to drive to see a foot or more of snow...................20 miles?  I would have done that before going on live TV in 20 layers and a snow suit, only to take a picture/live shot with your hands in the air looking at rain and a bare ground. 

Sometimes that works but it is very hard to drive into a big storm and set up. If a forecast changes and they can still move ahead of time, they usually will. There are othher factors too especially on this one...it IS a story that DC got hosed...especially after all the hype and shutdowns.

Wahoo!!  I told you you'd better watch out for Ga Tech come tourney time.  Miami got the pucker factor.  Whose next?  These freshmen have seen the light.  Big time win on the road with the title on the line.  Big time win.  T

I can't help but be excited about the future of GT basketball.  I think the top 3 leading scorers are all freshman.  I don't think any of them are jumping anytime soon either.

Think it is time to close this chapter of 2012-2013 winter for me.  Great job to everyone sharing their knowledge and the pbps and pictures throughout this season!  I truly enjoy learning from all of you.  See you in August to discuss the upcoming  2013-2014 winter season. 

Enjoy the outdoors and the weather!  

I'm done with long range angst until October.  I look outside right now and see a nice precursor to the coming weeks of cook outs, gardening, mowing, mosquitoes, yellow jackets and kites.

All that's left for me to do is buy a grill, a tiller, a lawn mower, some Off! and StingEase.  If the kids can't manufacture their own kites, that's their problem.

Tell Burns to roll his window down next time! :P

You guys got yourselves a good chase there. Thanks for sending back the pix. Maybe next winter, you won't have to travel so far to see real snow.

Back home, shaved, showered and now time to tell you about the pictures.  Burns indeed did roll his window down.  However what you are looking at is a photo of my laptop screen taken with Weather's cell phone.  No access so we improvised to try and show something.  I'll post the real pictures later today.

Back home, shaved, showered and now time to tell you about the pictures.  Burns indeed did roll his window down.  However what you are looking at is a photo of my laptop screen taken with Weather's cell phone.  No access so we improvised to try and show something.  I'll post the real pictures later today.

Haha! Nice. Glad you guys made it back safe and sound. The picture of the house you just posted is awesome. It looks like some super heavy snow. I'll be that was something to see!

Archived