Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know  why  I'm complaining heck I'm still getting snow said RNK!!! :guitar:

TONIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY THIS EVENING...THEN CLOUDY WITH A SLIGHT
CHANCE OF SNOW AND SLEET AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS AROUND 30. LIGHT
AND VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 20 PERCENT.
.TUESDAY...A CHANCE OF RAIN WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SLEET IN THE
MORNING...THEN RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 50S.
LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION NEAR
100 PERCENT.
.TUESDAY NIGHT...RAIN IN THE EVENING...THEN SNOW AND RAIN AFTER
MIDNIGHT. SNOW ACCUMULATION UP TO 1 INCH. LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S.
SOUTHEAST WINDS AROUND 10 MPH...BECOMING NORTHWEST AFTER
MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION NEAR 100 PERCENT.
.WEDNESDAY...CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SNOW AND RAIN IN THE MORNING...
THEN A CHANCE OF SNOW WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE
AFTERNOON. LITTLE OR NO SNOW ACCUMULATION. BREEZY AND COOLER WITH
HIGHS AROUND 40. NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO
40 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 50 PERCENT.

A rather wintry forecast!  :snowing:  

And I give this less than 10% chance of verifying... lol

I don't know why I'm complaining heck I'm still getting snow said RNK!!! :guitar:

TONIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY THIS EVENING...THEN CLOUDYTHEN RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 50S.

LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION NEAR

100 PERCENT.

.TUESDAY NIGHT...RAIN IN THE EVENING...THEN SNOW AND RAIN AFTER

MIDNIGHT. SNOW ACCUMULATION UP TO 1 INCH. LOW

A rather wintry forecast! :snowing:

And I give this less than 10% chance of verifying... lol

LOL how is that wintry? Slight chance. Very slight chance. Highs in the 50s. That's a disaster.

If I'm not supposed to ask this, someone just say so lol.

I've never read many of the much talked of forecasters here (I read the one's that post here, that's about it) so excuse me if I'm just out of the loop but...

are they usually this toxic towards anyone who disagrees with them?  I looked at a few of their FB pages today (I know we're all out of the running for things, but I'm still interested in the system and seeing how forecasters are dealing with the range of outputs from the models)...just nasty.  To the point that I'm surprised they aren't being reeled in by whomever they work for.

If I'm not supposed to ask this, someone just say so lol.

I've never read many of the much talked of forecasters here (I read the one's that post here, that's about it) so excuse me if I'm just out of the loop but...

are they usually this toxic towards anyone who disagrees with them?  I looked at a few of their FB pages today (I know we're all out of the running for things, but I'm still interested in the system and seeing how forecasters are dealing with the range of outputs from the models)...just nasty.  To the point that I'm surprised they aren't being reeled in by whomever they work for.

They work for themselves buddy. 

I' m looking forward to the time change this coming weekend. That extra hour of daylight really helps to warm things up around here.

I see what you did there.

Iso, I really almost posted an explanation of how this time change worked when I saw your post.  I apologize for even thinking that you might have been serious in that first post rather than speaking tongue-in-cheek.  Thanks for helping me out, Disc!

:lol:

It would appear a small group of us are heading to a farm about 10-15 miles south of Front Royal VA tomorrow afternoon.  Kinda excited, been awhile since I have chased and that feeling knowing your about to witness something big cannot be described.  Think we picked about as good a spot as any south of BOS should the GFS verify.  Early on I was leaning towards CHO based on the Euro and HPC prob maps, but with the Americans locked in and the Euro slowly lifting that heaviest axis north of CHO, feel pretty good we should be within about 50 miles of the jackpot.  18z GFS and NAM precip maps below, respectively, with the circled area highlighting where were headed.  Hopefully with the elevation we will have no mixing issues, and can get in to some better ratios compared to the 7:1's that may be closer the to the 95 corridor.  Pretty much in full  :weenie: mode tonight

post-382-0-55622600-1362440954_thumb.jpg

post-382-0-23256400-1362440965_thumb.jpg\

Euro clown map over the past 3 runs courtesy of DT's bookface page, clearly sliding that heaviest axis north up towards northern VA, should meet ivo where the American are 2" +.

12z 3/3

post-382-0-68443600-1362441280_thumb.jpg

0z 3/4

post-382-0-65333900-1362441287_thumb.jpg

12z 3/4

post-382-0-54869500-1362441294_thumb.jpg

Didn't realize...as I've said, I've never looked into them whatsoever.

I suppose when you work for yourself you can be as big a jerk to as many people as you want.

If you're talking about DTRisk he can't work for anyone else.  Tried it.  Didn't work. So he sits on his basement, or wherever, puts out a forecast and trashes anyone who disagrees with him.  

It would appear a small group of us are heading to a farm about 10-15 miles south of Front Royal VA tomorrow afternoon.  Kinda excited, been awhile since I have chased and that feeling knowing your about to witness something big cannot be described.  Think we picked about as good a spot as any south of BOS should the GFS verify.  Early on I was leaning towards CHO based on the Euro and HPC prob maps, but with the Americans locked in and the Euro slowly lifting that heaviest axis north of CHO, feel pretty good we should be within about 50 miles of the jackpot.  18z GFS and NAM precip maps below, respectively, with the circled area highlighting where were headed.  Hopefully with the elevation we will have no mixing issues, and can get in to some better ratios compared to the 7:1's that may be closer the to the 95 corridor.  Pretty much in full  :weenie: mode tonight

Really? Wow!! Who might that small group be so that we may heap praise and adulation upon their freshly anointed heads.

Archived