• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

The date is March 4th...correct? Early on March 4th, correct? I have been on my deathbed with the flu since February 24th...Already the March pattern thread has 37 (!) pages and the banter thread is not far behind....did I miss something?

Been wondering where you were.  Glad you made it out of the flu alive, hope you are feeling much better.  You pretty much could have missed the ENTIRE winter and not missed anything.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing so annoying about DT is that he wastes some excellent forecasting skills by becoming the global apologist for the European model and the designated attack dog for the GFS. He ends up spinning every model run as a supporter of the Euro or denegrator of the GFS. I don't get why that becomes so important to him.

Rumor has it that he came home one day for an unexpected lunch and found his wife online with the GFS chatting about 8" or something...this is second hand information of course...

it looks to me that the energy is moving more se than ese not that it means anything. I'm still curious how this storm unfolds when it gets here

Looks to me like its moved almost due east since yesterday, real-time analysis not models. It went from central Montana to mid NDakota/SDakota line. Thats not to say that it wont begin to dive to the south east before it gets to the East Coast, I suspect it will. Id rather it be in Arkansas though! :arrowhead:

Euro spit put 15 inches in mby a couple days ago, how much is it showing today? Lol .... I just hope Iike heck it warms up soon. I hate cold springs...

Sheldon Cooper would call that a bazinga. lol

Ready for the warmth too and the time change this weekend. Will be able to get on the bike after work and have some daylight.

So, is there any chance the Triangle area sees any snow accumulation from this thing? I know it doesn't look like anything big, but maybe 1 or 2 inches of snow from this wouldn't be bad.

Probably close to zero. Virtually every credible model is creeping north, still...not a good scenario for our area.

Rarely do you see a significant southward trend with these systems, especially one of the magnitude that would be required to put us back in the game.

At this point, I don't see anything that could cause such a shift to happen.

So, is there any chance the Triangle area sees any snow accumulation from this thing? I know it doesn't look like anything big, but maybe 1 or 2 inches of snow from this wouldn't be bad.

Only way is to head north, which is what I am doing.  As of now I will be just NW of DC for meetings Tues-Thursday, I am tempted to turn off my mobile and not check email in case they get cancelled.

Man, I just can't believe this storm! In the March disscusion thread there was concern over it going to far South. I am back to really having a bad taste in my mouth about winter weather. It has been over 2 yrs with out a 3" snow in Weaverville. I may need to give myself a timeout!

Now that we've officially punted on this storm, I was wondering if any of my SE brethren would like to take a stab at telling me what to expect in terms of weather in Jackson Hole, WY from 3/8/-3/14. Good news is, I know there will be PLENTY of snow there, but I'd love to have it come down in buckets on the slopes. Or, if anyone has any good site recs for that region, that would be a plus too. TIA.

Forget wnter. Tornadoes and hurricanes are much more exciting to follow.

Well, that was a quick about face!  Only 38 minutes to go from "Forget winter!" to "Is there any chance at snow still?"  :P

The majority of you guys who say bring on spring, would be absolutely thrilled if you were to get five inches of snow next week (NOT A FORECAST).  You're just expressing bitterness over the fact that we didn't get any major snows this year.  Personally, I'd take half a foot of snow in July, if I could get it.  Summer is way overrated.

Well, that was a quick about face! Only 38 minutes to go from "Forget winter!" to "Is there any chance at snow still?" :P

The majority of you guys who say bring on spring, would be absolutely thrilled if you were to get five inches of snow next week (NOT A FORECAST). You're just expressing bitterness over the fact that we didn't get any major snows this year. Personally, I'd take half a foot of snow in July, if I could get it. Summer is way overrated.

Lol no I'm ready for Summer. I saw what I wanted yesterday lol.

Archived