• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

It is truly shocking the number of fanatical snow perverts and weenies and the northeastUS who will simply lie... Tell a bald face lie and makeup facts to support their delusional snow forecasts. This is NOT a matter of my forecast being right or wrong or their forecast being right or wrong..

WEATHER disagreements and forecast disagreements re allowed. LYING and distorting what the model data actually shows and says is not allowed. If you want to do that please go to American weather forms or to accuweather forums where this sort of thing is allowed and encourged

I had banned several people in the last few minutes because they are simply lying about various weather models are saying. I just made a post about the new Canadian model even though several people here tried to lie and say that the Canadian model was just as far north with the March 6 low as the GFS. 

Now I am seeing the same sort of thing going on with the British model and I am about to post the latest images of that would show the British model is further south. 

Lying is not permitted

Like ·  · Share · 8485 · 35 minutes ago · 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is truly shocking the number of fanatical snow perverts and weenies and the northeastUS who will simply lie... Tell a bald face lie and makeup facts to support their delusional snow forecasts. This is NOT a matter of my forecast being right or wrong or their forecast being right or wrong..

WEATHER disagreements and forecast disagreements re allowed. LYING and distorting what the model data actually shows and says is not allowed. If you want to do that please go to American weather forms or to accuweather forums where this sort of thing is allowed and encourged

I had banned several people in the last few minutes because they are simply lying about various weather models are saying. I just made a post about the new Canadian model even though several people here tried to lie and say that the Canadian model was just as far north with the March 6 low as the GFS. 

Now I am seeing the same sort of thing going on with the British model and I am about to post the latest images of that would show the British model is further south. 

Lying is not permitted Like ·  · Share · 8485 · 35 minutes ago · 

NE weenies are beginning to rely on the CRAS and JMA according to the comments.

Snow Perverts!

https://www.facebook.com/WxRisk?ref=stream'>Wxrisk.com

It is truly shocking the number of fanatical snow perverts and weenies and the northeastUS who will simply lie... Tell a bald face lie and makeup facts to support their delusional snow forecasts. This is NOT a matter of my forecast being right or wrong or their forecast being right or wrong..WEATHER disagreements and forecast disagreements re allowed. LYING and distorting what the model data actually shows and says is not allowed. If you want to do that please go to American weather forms or to accuweather forums where this sort of thing is allowed and encourged

Lying is not permitted

https://www.facebook.com/#'>Like ·  · https://www.facebook.com/ajax/sharer/?s=22&appid=25554907596&p[0'>=129478830432717&p[1]=495067823873814]Share · https://www.facebook.com/WxRisk/posts/495067823873814'>8485 · https://www.facebook.com/WxRisk/posts/495067823873814'>35 minutes ago · 

Well it looks like this storm has fizzled out for nc.. atleast I got to see some ice and snow this year unlike last year. I'm originally from mississippi so when the snow word come up I'm like a little kid again. I know we haven't had a good winter since. 2010 and 2011 maybe that year mother threw us a bone. I just hope this winter and last winter isn't a sign of many more mild winters to come!

I would go crazy for another Ivan. Thank God I missed Hugo I would die without power that long. I nearly die when a summer storm knocks out power for a few hours.

Boy u wouldnt survive out in the woods. Thats ashame.

You need to lose it for about a week so you can learn how to survive. I lost for 8:days during hugo and 7 days from an ice storm

RNK still thinks I will see some flakes fly? But I doubt it myself!

.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SNOW AND SLEET AFTER
MIDNIGHT. NOT AS COOL WITH LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S. LIGHT AND
VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 20 PERCENT.
.TUESDAY...A CHANCE OF RAIN...A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SNOW AND SLEET
IN THE MORNING...THEN RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE UPPER
40S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION NEAR
100 PERCENT.
.TUESDAY NIGHT...RAIN IN THE EVENING...THEN RAIN AND SNOW AFTER
MIDNIGHT. LIGHT SNOW ACCUMULATION. LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S. LIGHT
AND VARIABLE WINDS...BECOMING NORTHWEST AROUND 10 MPH WITH GUSTS
UP TO 20 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION NEAR
100 PERCENT.
.WEDNESDAY...SNOW LIKELY. ADDITIONAL LIGHT SNOW ACCUMULATION
POSSIBLE. COOLER WITH HIGHS IN THE MID 30S. NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO
20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 70 PERCENT

As I said in the other thread I tried to warn those hanging on for dear life. It was a year full of fizzling potential and sustained cold that never truly arrived (although certainly the latter half saw much more in the way of cooler weather). It always seemed to be just 10 days away ;). Either way it sucked and 2 failed winters back to back is a bitter pill to swallow.

In my own case I saw awesome snows on the trip to VT and the thundersnow near GSO on my 1/17 chase so I can't complain nearly as much as many in the region.

No complaints here, either. I saw one beautiful snowfall and I guess, things being as they are, it was a lot more than some. Still room for a surprise but I'm really feeling the need for some warm weather. With GSP calling for storms Tuesday night...it's looking like Spring anyway.

The date is March 4th...correct? Early on March 4th, correct? I have been on my deathbed with the flu since February 24th...Already the March pattern thread has 37 (!) pages and the banter thread is not far behind....did I miss something?

The date is March 4th...correct? Early on March 4th, correct? I have been on my deathbed with the flu since February 24th...Already the March pattern thread has 37 (!) pages and the banter thread is not far behind....did I miss something?

There were two days the Euro was showing a storm instead of just one. 

There were two days the Euro was showing a storm instead of just one. 

I will say this, we are 48-60 hours out and GGEM/UK/Euro all show snow, although light, for northern part of central NC as of the latest 0z runs.  I fully expect those models to cave to the GFS at 12z today and give us nothing.

Well I have to say I feel lucky to get the few minor event we did get this year. The two inches of snow in January and then the ice event (snow/sleet/freezing rain) pushed this winter from crappy (F) to below average (D+). I definitly feel we missed some good opportunities this winter, especially during the last month. One thing we really did not see was a long term cold period. I saw my pond freeze over just once (two days during the ice event), and ussually see if frozen over for at least two weeks of the year.

Let us hope next year we can get more cold and then more winter storms.   

Just a very odd winter.  Many, many signs pointing to good things but it just never came together.  I think the reason that I learned was the dominant northern stream.  It just doesn't seem like anything from the northern stream does us any good.  I appreciate all the information I've learned and folks that have taken time to answer my questions.  Next year I'll be all over asking about "does the STJ look active"???  If at least a part of storm ain't coming from the baja, across texas and up, it's usually a non-event it seems. 

I enjoyed having the nice 35 minute blizzard in CLT.  But overall, the atmosphere owes me about 8 more inches.  Next year we'll see.  Let's hope for a Nino. 

The nice thing about spring through fall is the temps are warmer and you can still have severe weather and hurricanes to track. So, if there is nothing exciting going on, at least you can enjoy the nice weather and do things outside. The last two winters have really made me feel down about winter. If there isn't any snow around to get excited about, it's just miserable and boring.

The bad thing is when we actually did have severe weather around here last year the board was pretty dead. I guess most only come around during winter and snow threats. But if winters are going to continue like they have been the past two years, it might be more fun and less frustrating to come on when there is severe weather and hurricanes to track. That seems to be a lot easier to predict here than snow, too.

The nice thing about spring through fall is the temps are warmer and you can still have severe weather and hurricanes to track. So, if there is nothing exciting going on, at least you can enjoy the nice weather and do things outside. The last two winters have really made me feel down about winter. If there isn't any snow around to get excited about, it's just miserable and boring.

The bad thing is when we actually did have severe weather around here last year the board was pretty dead. I guess most only come around during winter and snow threats. But if winters are going to continue like they have been the past two years, it might be more fun and less frustrating to come on when there is severe weather and hurricanes to track. That seems to be a lot easier to predict here than snow, too.

The other forum seems to follow severe much closer, but I've seen some good threads here for it also.  All websites (twc, accu, all these forums, stormvista, etc) all see a steep decline in traffic after Winter.  Hopefully hurricane season will be good on here.  Nice thing about that, is it's generally in the main threads so everyone can say what they think about it...and i love reading Phil's thoughts!

The time we spend every winter looking at computer models.. we should start working on manipulating the weather.  I think we'd be much better off.

Didn't some guy come out recently with archives of weather manipulation information he'd been working on since Vietnam?

Is it over yet?

Yes, but now we get to watch DT try and get out of this mess.  The GFS is clearly going to be the winner, RIC is going to get skunked and this is going to be a DC-BWI-PHL-NY-BOS blizzard.  I am so glad we have been out of this for a few days now because this would be a crushing way to end winter for the Richmond folks.  

If this trends anymore NW, like 25 miles the DC folks are going to have major mixing issues, right now on the GFS it ticked NW a hair and now they are very borderline to major mixing.  Of course it's DC I am sure it will tick back SE for them.

Archived