Newest Member
    Monty
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posts from zwyts in the mid-atlantic forum...yikes

"Unless you are a met If you spent all winter on the sidelines then stay there. We have absolutely no interest in what you have to say."

"The NAM has no skill at that range. We have known this and observed it for years now. It is a short range model and a bad one at that. This forum is like New Years or st patty'd day. All your favorite watering holes get overrun by douchebags for one day. Total amateur hour."           

Cold rain you still checking off my list?

Weekend snow...2" in Rock Hill, SC...flurries wilkes...coating in parts of Charlotte...

March 6th to not perform for us

Below normal temps for awhile during this mess

Just making sure because I do not want to be copying anyone and I said this weeks in advance which was in sharp contrast against views of others.

Lol Wth...

Lol remember his 1/17 call.

I do remember that. But please stop calling me lol.

Lol when have I ever called you?

Just now, Please stop.

You don't get it, do you?  He's saying that you are calling him lol.  As in, you're using lol as his name.  He's lampooning the fact that a majority of your posts either begin with or end with the tiresome acronym lol.  Try broadening your lexicon.  There is a veritable plethora of words just waiting to be added to your vocabulary, if you would but employ their use.

Well, the good thing is spring is right around the corner if we don't get any snow around here this week. Warmer weather and severe weather to track, which the models can actually get right in the southeast.

Still can't believe how awful the models are when it comes to winter weather around here at only a week out. And I really hope we're not in a long pattern of terrible wintere here.

Well, the good thing is spring is right around the corner if we don't get any snow around here this week. Warmer weather and severe weather to track, which the models can actually get right in the southeast.

Still can't believe how awful the models are when it comes to winter weather around here at only a week out. And I really hope we're not in a long pattern of terrible wintere here.

Hurricane season too! 

Classic denial has been going on for 24 hours or so...

1. It's trending south.

2. We have the JMA

3. This is a now casting scenario,

4. Xxxx modeled initialized the vort 50 miles too far north.

5. A few more trends in our favor and game on.

Anymore I'm missing?

Ok found one more example.....

I don't think so, WV map shows, I think, the ULL moving SSE already.  The southern energy looks to be clearing out the way.  I know its more nowcasting than anything, but wouldn't be surprised if this ends up in eastern OK.  

Edit: I think the Euro might trend even further south.  I'm on the southern end of the NC escarpment right at the NC?SC line so I doubt I'll cash in, But others will and I might make a chase to TN if needed..

Hurricane season too! 

To be honest, I actually get more excited over severe weather and hurrican season. And now it seems like severe weather season is almost year-round here. For one thing, I think the models do better predicting them. And I get excited about severe weather and hurricanes even if they don't impact where I live. I only care about snow if it does it in my backyard.

So...from a quick glance this looks to be a non-event at this point? Won't need an AWD to Greensboro for tues-Wed?

I know that sucks for local snow lovers, but that would have been a huge pain personally.

Heading to Colorado in 2 weeks...that's where I want to see epic dumpage.

So...from a quick glance this looks to be a non-event at this point? Won't need an AWD to Greensboro for tues-Wed?

I know that sucks for local snow lovers, but that would have been a huge pain personally.

Heading to Colorado in 2 weeks...that's where I want to see epic dumpage.

Weather sounds dirty sometimes... Epic dumpage?

I'm waiting for someone to say their looking for a solid 8-12". I'm sure it's somewhere on these forums.

You don't get it, do you? He's saying that you are calling him lol. As in, you're using lol as his name. He's lampooning the fact that a majority of your posts either begin with or end with the tiresome acronym lol. Try broadening your lexicon. There is a veritable plethora of words just waiting to be added to your vocabulary, if you would but employ their use.

Pssshttt. I will eludicate my lexicon for you. Look at the nice words you used in your post.

Classic denial has been going on for 24 hours or so...1. It's trending south.2. We have the JMA3. This is a now casting scenario,4. Xxxx modeled initialized the vort 50 miles too far north.5. A few more trends in our favor and game on.Anymore I'm missing?

You are missing a lot. 1. Its already heading SSE. 2. These Ull tend to have surprises. 3. Blocking could be stronger than modeled. 4. Energy is already diving S. X model had it diving S at X hour. Wouldn't surprise me to see a S trend with the next set of runs.

Xbox360 is all I really play. I have LIVE and mostly play Halo or COD. Waiting for the new game Destiny to come out. Will buy the new Xbox too should release near the PS4.

I have Xbox 360 Ps3 WiiU and Wii. I rarely play games as much as I used to. I'm waiting for the PS4 also. Technology is amazing.

To be honest, I actually get more excited over severe weather and hurrican season. And now it seems like severe weather season is almost year-round here. For one thing, I think the models do better predicting them. And I get excited about severe weather and hurricanes even if they don't impact where I live. I only care about snow if it does it in my backyard.

The SE forum would go crazy if we saw another Fran or Hugo

I would go crazy for another Ivan. Thank God I missed Hugo I would die without power that long. I nearly die when a summer storm knocks out power for a few hours.

I didn't have power for a week after the December 2002 snow/ice storm and it was cold.

Still, it was awesome (though I was pretty young).

Archived