Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So does that mean I still have a chance at snow? Surface temps will only be in the mid 70s. These ULL always have surprises.

Let's just be honest - you aren't relevant in any SE winter weather opportunity  :P .  You are the antagonist...the villain.  Every good story needs one.

But to quote Wreck-it-Ralph -  just because you are a "Bad Guy", doesn't mean you are a bad guy...

Those weren't birds, those were sky healing angels....

Anyhoo...sorry guys, pulling against this one. I have bidness in Greensboro Wednesday and don't want any disruptions....in any way.

Last big VA snow brought thousands of birds south of the state line...interested to see if it happens again.

Original post deleted

Gotcha.  Thanks.  I'm not sure why the post I was replying to got deleted, though.  Perhaps WeatherNC is deleting each and every post from out-of-forum posters, but I thought I had read a pretty decent post from a guy from Maryland.  I was trying to complement him on his congeniality, but it was deleted?

who wants to go to on a road trip to Bedford, VA for the storm I am on Spring break, have money, license, I'm 18

I am heading to wilkesboro this week anybody on here want to go with me? I have sever crew cab trucks so plenty of room. I t will be like fishing for striped bass. We will look for birds and fins what we are looking for. Even though i have an idea to look already

Joe Bastardi

Still weird model reformation south of where this should.. upper low more likely to cruise n of va nc border, not south.

the worst part of all is when there is a chance for even a 3 inch in the mud Atlantic he will make post after post. And cut video after video talking about it. Mid Atlantic or bust.

the worst part of all is when there is a chance for even a 3 inch in the mud Atlantic he will make post after post. And cut video after video talking about it. Mid Atlantic or bust.

I agree, kinda sicking! It has to be a historic event here to get any acknowledgment from him. :axe:  Sadly he will probably be right about ULL passing to my north... :devilsmiley:

I agree, kinda sicking! It has to be a historic event here to get any acknowledgment from him. :axe: Sadly he will probably be right about ULL passing to my north... :devilsmiley:

even when a storm shows 12 plus for nc and 3 or 4 for dc he will hone in on that. It is very annoying. I like jb more with pattern recognition than individual storms.

JB's forecasts make total sense to me.  Why should we expect him to forecast for regions other than his own?  Robert forecasts for the southeast, and we don't get upset at him for not talking about the northeast.  It's not as if JB is required by law to discuss storms that might affect the southeast.  I think because we live in the southeast, many of you expect him to hone in our region even when it's natural for him to have no such desire since he doesn't live here.

JB's forecasts make total sense to me.  Why should we expect him to forecast for regions other than his own?  Robert forecasts for the southeast, and we don't get upset at him for not talking about the northeast.  It's not as if JB is required by law to discuss storms that might affect the southeast.  I think because we live in the southeast, many of you expect him to hone in our region even when it's natural for him to have no such desire since he doesn't live here.

While not a fan,I agree.He plays to his audience and I assume thats how he gets paid.

ITS SNOWING!

They just issued this.

Snow flurries possible across inland southeast Georgia...

Snow flurries will be possible across inland southeast Georgia

late this morning and early this afternoon in the cold and

mostly cloudy northwest flow. No accumulation or impacts are

expected. Bacon County emergency officials reported snow flurry

activity around 10 am. Any snow flurry activity should end by the

mid afternoon hours.

ITS SNOWING!

They just issued this.

Snow flurries possible across inland southeast Georgia...

Snow flurries will be possible across inland southeast Georgia

late this morning and early this afternoon in the cold and

mostly cloudy northwest flow. No accumulation or impacts are

expected. Bacon County emergency officials reported snow flurry

activity around 10 am. Any snow flurry activity should end by the

mid afternoon hours.

:lol:  Congrats!!!  

Awwww....I might get thunder  :lol: 

CAE......SHORT TERM /MONDAY THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT/...AGREE WITH MODELS SHIFTING HIGH PRESSURE EASTWARD MONDAY ANDMONDAY NIGHT. STILL DRY BUT WARMER WITH HIGHS IN THE MIDDLE50S AND LOWS IN THE MIDDLE 30S. MODELS SHOW ANOTHER WEATHERSYSTEM APPROACHING TUESDAY AND TUESDAY NIGHT. AN UPPER LOWDROPS SOUTHEAST TUESDAY AND NEARS ATL BY TUESDAY NIGHT. THENAO IS IN A NEGATIVE PHASE AND APPEARS TO BE INFLUENCINGWEATHER SYSTEMS BY ALLOWING THEM TO STRENGTHEN AS THE MOVEEAST. THIS SYSTEM WILL STRENGTHEN AS WELL AND PULL A COLDFRONT TOWARD THE REGION WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. NOT SUREIF SYSTEM WILL BE STRONG ENOUGH TO PRODUCE THUNDERSTORMS.SPC HAS GOOD PORTION OF SOUTHEAST IN GENERAL THUNDERSTORMACTIVITY TUESDAY BUT LIS ARE POSITIVE. NOT CONFIDENT ENOUGH ATTHIS TIME TO INCLUDE THUNDER BUT WARM AIR ADVECTION AHEAD OFSYSTEM MAY INCREASE ISENTROPIC LIFT TO ALLOW FOR ELEVATEDCONVECTION. ANYWAYS...MORE SOUTHERLY SURFACE WINDS WILL BRINGWARMER AIR TO REGION. HIGHS TUESDAY IN THE UPPER 50S TO LOWER 60SAND LOWS TUESDAY NIGHT IN THE UPPER 30S TO LOWER 40S.

Archived