• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

Good job Sir. I work with 17 schools, 30+ principals and many many teachers. Most have developed this fear that they have to playcake with students and their parents. Because they do not want anyone to get upset and get pissed off at the school.

Well, I am not of this thought. You must draw the line (backed by policy of course) and have both school and home tow that line.

Are you filling in or are you planning to continue teaching for the remainder of the year?

I was just filling in.  I have no desire to return full time at all. I agree that many teachers and principals are afraid to take a stand.  Some systems are worse than others.  Somewhere along the way we have become afraid to draw the line where it needs to be and have pulled it back further and further. It's the job of the school to draw the behavior line. It's the job of the student to test the limits of that line wherever it is drawn. It has always been that way.  One of the reasons so many say that students today are so much less disciplined than those of earlier years is that we, as the group in charge, have moved the damn line.  Students today do exactly what students have always done.  They test the limits the adults put on them. 

Remind me to one day tell you my NAACP story.  It's a classic.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible 850 track:

It would be funny if we miss an epic winter storm by 50 miles, LOL.  

There was some good news on the GFS, the blocking is holding and the 50/50 low is holding strong, in fact when looking at the blocking and the 50/50 I thought this would be further SE, which obviously is good and bad. 

Pending some wild swing north   :axe:  or south   :snowwindow: , I am likely heading to VA either Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning, and coming back late Thursday.  Open invitation to anyone around the triangle, or in NC for that matter who wants to tag along.  I know that it being during the week makes it difficult to take off, but if you can and are interested hit me up.  No crazies, I will cover the gas and lodge (if you want your own room thats on you), you would be responsible for your food.  Have not chased since DC back in Feb 2010 (wow, it has been that long!), snowmageddon, and got the greenlight from work to take a couple pto's and go after this one should the opportunity present itself.

Pending some wild swing north   :axe:  or south   :snowwindow: , I am likely heading to VA either Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning, and coming back late Thursday.  Open invitation to anyone around the triangle, or in NC for that matter who wants to tag along.  I know that it being during the week makes it difficult to take off, but if you can and are interested hit me up.  No crazies, I will cover the gas and lodge (if you want your own room thats on you), you would be responsible for your food.  Have not chased since DC back in Feb 2010 (wow, it has been that long!), snowmageddon, and got the greenlight from work to take a couple pto's and go after this one should the opportunity present itself.

Damn, I wouldn't mind teaming up on that one. 

WeatherNC, on 02 Mar 2013 - 12:45, said:snapback.png

I am likely heading to VA either Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning, and coming back late Thursday.  Open invitation to anyone around the triangle, or in NC for that matter who wants to tag along.  I know that it being during the week makes it difficult to take off, but if you can and are interested hit me up.  No crazies, I will cover the gas and lodge (if you want your own room thats on you), you would be responsible for your food.  Have not chased since DC back in Feb 2010 (wow, it has been that long!), snowmageddon, and got the greenlight from work to take a couple pto's and go after this one should the opportunity present itself.

:cry:

I might consider it if the forecast is intriguing enough.

By the time the Hi-res NAM gets here there will be a nada as far north-east as Mount Airy.

GFS ...snow hole around Asheville or nearby.

Have you not heard? It doesn't snow in Asheville anymore. They haven't seen a 2 inch snowstorm in 800 days. Hell not even a 1/2 inch storm. TWC said this along with Washington D.C in the same boat.

Hey guys, I don't know what this means, but man the sweet gum balls are going crazy today in the back yard.  I was outside and about 10 fell off the tree at the same time!  And they're all over the place!!!!!!

attachicon.gifsweetgum.jpg

WTF?  Is that a red pipe cleaner tree or did you seriously just ms-paint circle all the damn sweet gum balls?

:banned:

:thumbsup:  :whistle:  :lol:

Really to early to focus on little track wobbles, plus it is March after all and just the fact we are talking chances of a snow and a big one at that is pretty awesome. As for what JB and DT say, of course they are saying this is going to trend north, or be a big NOVA storm  and every time it runs further south they will throw out that run lol. 

The blocking looks good, the energy is coming in a bit further west, digging a bit further SW etc, baby steps folks baby steps. Does anyone actually think its going to track and do exactly like it is modeled right now? It will take the models several runs to catch up to these little changes it always always does. If the Sunday night runs still show it that far north then NC can start looking to throw in the towel until then its still wide open.

I feel sorry for the mods and what they will have to deal with the next few days......

Thank you  :hug:   Hopefully everyone will behave themselves and keep the crap in here, before warnings/timeouts are given  ;)

Well they do have the luxury of driving 1-2 miles and seeing 1 inch of snow...as was the case this morning.

Guys...if anyone deserves this system the most it is likely.....me.

I want some Spring Break snow. 

Certainly will take this for north-west NC.

I want you to stop hyper-flucking-focusing on your backyard!  I have no problem restricting your posting privileges should you choose to muck up another weather thread or post a copyrighted graphic.  WTF, thought we just went over this crap Thursday when Brick attempted something similar, did you skip over that memo? 

I don't know WTF just happend with the Euro run, I am walking it down 3 hour by 3 hour and at hour 96 on 12z it's a tick south and just as strong but than it does weaken the storm when it traverses NC where as the 0z didn't, it sure did look like this should have been a better run, at worse held serve, but not worse.  Rant over...

I don't know WTF just happend with the Euro run, I am walking it down 3 hour by 3 hour and at hour 96 on 12z it's a tick south and just as strong but than it does weaken the storm when it traverses NC where as the 0z didn't, it sure did look like this should have been a better run, at worse held serve, but not worse.  Rant over...

Have not been over that maps yet but my guess would likely be the evolution of the ULL and how it matures while heading east, maybe not as much neg tilt compared to a day or two ago.  That is going to be very difficult to nail down until were inside 48 and likely will be better resolved by the high res regionals once all the players are in the box.

Archived