Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give in to the force ( of spring) young skywalkers. This force is too powerful for a jedi weenie to overcome with wishes of favorable BL's and crashing 850's. Yoda sees hours of snow and rain he does with accumulations not.

Take light sabre, turn on, fall on it.

Edit - King Euro says he never liked Star Wars anyway!! I am impressed with the overnight model runs and look at this little monster bomb out! We often say it only takes one storm to hit our annual SN totals in these parts. Well here we go!

Shift north/south...there is likely to be downsloping here in the foothills with a track like this. GFS poorly handles this...but even it 5 day out shows some relative mins punching north-east through GA...but then loses it further north-east into the foothills. Will have to wait for the short range models to get in sight.  :wacko2:

Shift north/south...there is likely to be downsloping here in the foothills with a track like this. GFS poorly handles this...but even it 5 day out shows some relative mins punching north-east through GA...but then loses it further north-east into the foothills. Will have to wait for the short range models to get in sight.  :wacko2:

The track of the 500, 700 and 850mb lows should if anything aid in upslope flow, the reason NE GA gets dry slotted is mostly due to the ULlows being north of them, Areas that are on the NW side of the ULL will get hammered with heavy precip, whether that's rain or snow is a different story

Good job Sir. I work with 17 schools, 30+ principals and many many teachers. Most have developed this fear that they have to playcake with students and their parents. Because they do not want anyone to get upset and get pissed off at the school.

Well, I am not of this thought. You must draw the line (backed by policy of course) and have both school and home tow that line.

Are you filling in or are you planning to continue teaching for the remainder of the year?

Well I just finished teaching a full week.  Ah, the joys I've been missing since I retired.  I was teaching senior classes so most of them remembered me as the AP when they were in middle school.  Some new ones though that hadn't had the wonderful experience of knowing me.  Best moment of the week, first day, first period.  Class came in and began to get settled.  A very pretty black girl sauntered in just at the late bell and did the "i'm cool" walk to the back of the classroom where she pulled out a soft chair from one of the computer stations that line the back wall and moved it just behind the last two student desks.  She then sat, slumped down, put one foot up on each desk and looked at me.

The class suddenly got totally quiet even though I had not yet said anything. The ones who know me figured something "epic" might occur.  I asked what her name was, she told me.  I smiled at her and said, "Young lady, for today this is my classroom. It is not a gynecologists office.  Put you feet on the floor."

Well the class wasn't quiet for the next 30 seconds or so as much hooting and laughter occurred.  With all of her classmates laughing at my comment she looked a bit stunned, but she did sit up and put her feet on the floor.  By the end of the week we were talking like best friends. Fun times.

Some of you act like this is a -1000 storm in the winter

,,its not,you need something stronger than this.Look up north,this is not freaking Jan..lol

This clown doesn't even know how to use a keyboard, let alone, know how to read computer models or make forecasts. Get out of here bro.

Thank you CashHomie

This clown doesn't even know how to use a keyboard, let alone, know how to read computer models or make forecasts. Get out of here bro.

Thank you CashHomie

Eyewall says if you want good snows head to VA. Y'all are all jumping on Jaxjagman because he said he didn't think it would snow. The guy in SC can forget about having snow and you other guys have aa decent chance.

Eyewall says if you want good snows head to VA. Y'all are all jumping on Jaxjagman because he said he didn't think it would snow. The guy in SC can forget about having snow and you other guys have aa decent chance.

No....it is because he has no idea what he's talking about. Opinions are fine in the discussion thread, but you better back them up  

Don't start this bull**** again man.  I will take a MET's call over yours any day, regardless of whether you are wrong or right.

Lol eyewall just said that run was a disaster for NC snowlovers. He is a met.

It usually is when the 850 low passes to your north or overhead tough guy. The GFS run takes it over the northern counties. That to me says VA border and points north right off the bat. I didn't say this was my forecast just what the GFS showed.

It usually is when the 850 low passes to your north or overhead tough guy. The GFS run takes it over the northern counties. That to me says VA border and points north right off the bat. I didn't say this was my forecast just what the GFS showed.

I know that. That's why I said you said that "run" was not good for NC folks.

Archived