Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not on there either.  For the record, if Wilkes tells me I need to act out more and welcomes me to the board, I'm going to jump in my car, drive to Wilkes county and kill every bird in his yard.

I gotta get you and lilj and a few more on the first call. I'll have that out right after the event.

Wilkes has a lot of birds. If you need any help, I'm sure you could round up a couple of other members that would be more than happy to make the trip.

I gotta get you and lilj and a few more on the first call. I'll have that out right after the event.

Wilkes has a lot of birds. If you need any help, I'm sure you could round up a couple of other members that would be more than happy to make the trip.

I'm pretty sure you referred to me as "Bevis".  I thought we were friends man.

But I do love "Burgler".

Well I just finished teaching a full week.  Ah, the joys I've been missing since I retired.  I was teaching senior classes so most of them remembered me as the AP when they were in middle school.  Some new ones though that hadn't had the wonderful experience of knowing me.  Best moment of the week, first day, first period.  Class came in and began to get settled.  A very pretty black girl sauntered in just at the late bell and did the "i'm cool" walk to the back of the classroom where she pulled out a soft chair from one of the computer stations that line the back wall and moved it just behind the last two student desks.  She then sat, slumped down, put one foot up on each desk and looked at me.

The class suddenly got totally quiet even though I had not yet said anything. The ones who know me figured something "epic" might occur.  I asked what her name was, she told me.  I smiled at her and said, "Young lady, for today this is my classroom. It is not a gynecologists office.  Put you feet on the floor."

Well the class wasn't quiet for the next 30 seconds or so as much hooting and laughter occurred.  With all of her classmates laughing at my comment she looked a bit stunned, but she did sit up and put her feet on the floor.  By the end of the week we were talking like best friends. Fun times.

Well I just finished teaching a full week.  Ah, the joys I've been missing since I retired.  I was teaching senior classes so most of them remembered me as the AP when they were in middle school.  Some new ones though that hadn't had the wonderful experience of knowing me.  Best moment of the week, first day, first period.  Class came in and began to get settled.  A very pretty black girl sauntered in just at the late bell and did the "i'm cool" walk to the back of the classroom where she pulled out a soft chair from one of the computer stations that line the back wall and moved it just behind the last two student desks.  She then sat, slumped down, put one foot up on each desk and looked at me.

The class suddenly got totally quiet even though I had not yet said anything. The ones who know me figured something "epic" might occur.  I asked what her name was, she told me.  I smiled at her and said, "Young lady, for today this is my classroom. It is not a gynecologists office.  Put you feet on the floor."

Well the class wasn't quiet for the next 30 seconds or so as much hooting and laughter occurred.  With all of her classmates laughing at my comment she looked a bit stunned, but she did sit up and put her feet on the floor.  By the end of the week we were talking like best friends. Fun times.

:lmao: :lmao: 

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have the guts to say that, but then you have much more experience than me, and you're already retired.  It's not like they can fire you!

:guitar:

We could all use more Mr.Burns in our lives to make us better people. I do love your wit.

:lmao: :lmao:

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have the guts to say that, but then you have much more experience than me, and you're already retired.  It's not like they can fire you!

:guitar:

Nope, they can't.  I never really held back.  I was smart enough to know where the real line was but everything else was in play.

That. Is. Classic.  :lmao:

Stronger at 75 -- trying to get a third contour. (GOD KNOWS it's frustrating to post on this board -- am I the only one that has to post 2 or 3 times before it actually goes up???????)

I have no problems with Firefox.  Intermittent issues with Blackberry, though.

Archived