Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAHA... Man, its like when i was growing up and we had snow every Winter, you sorta got tired of it, but now that  i live in South Carolina and i basically never see it, i miss it. :lmao:

Banter -

Good luck northern southern folks! Looks like my March freeze has dissipated; hope you all get one good snow thumping!

Lol No one is getting a good thumping. This weekend event is crap and the storm next week is too far N for them to get anything more than a dusting to an inch. This is a MA and NE storm. Next!

I'm going to play the contrarian, Bevo.  I like all the multiple posts flying this way and that.  It's kind of exciting.  Over time, you learn different posters' styles and biases and adjust accordingly.  It's just part of the learning curve.  I had no idea what was happening several years ago, and I lurked in the shadows and read a lot.  Now, I have no problem sifting the many different responses through the lenses of the different posters.  It's all good, in my book.

Well, and add to that no one, no matter how good, knows, usually, what will happen outside of a day out.  Everything should be in the long range thread, because it's all speculation.  Models, experts, weenies, weenie wanabees, lol.  Why not...we are not here for the edification of the masses...it's all about MBY, in the end, lol !!

Banter -

Good luck northern southern folks! Looks like my March freeze has dissipated; hope you all get one good snow thumping!

March ain't over yet!!  Another triple phaser could put you in the tornado/sn flurry zone, lol.  It ain't over until the weekend of the Masters.  I see flurries a lot on that Sat.  Who know, you could too :)  T

Next,is gonna be spring! On a side note,I know most pooh pooh TWC,but in watching a little bit the last few days in the evening and they have stepped up their game a little. Mainly noticed Carl Parker,showing the different models and possibilities and solutions.GFS, Euro and even mentioned ensembles today. Maybe they can turn it around and be about weather again!?

Lol No one is getting a good thumping. This weekend event is crap and the storm next week is too far N for them to get anything more than a dusting to an inch. This is a MA and NE storm. Next!

Next,is gonna be spring! On a side note,I know most pooh pooh TWC,but in watching a little bit the last few days in the evening and they have stepped up their game a little. Mainly noticed Carl Parker,showing the different models and possibilities and solutions.GFS, Euro and even mentioned ensembles today. Maybe they can turn it around and be about weather again!?

Yeah that's what I was saying yesterday. Carl Parker is amazing.

As long as I have been around here I should know the answer to my own stupid question, but here goes...

BL and 2m temps same thing right?

We say all kinds of things that mean the same thing.  Whenever you here BL issues or a problem w/ 2m temps, basically we're talking about surface temps.  There are many times in the south when the 850's are cold enough for snow but surface temps are above freezing.  If the 850's are cold enough you can see snow even though the sfc temps are to warm, sort of like we saw a few weeks ago here in Raleigh.

We say all kinds of things that mean the same thing.  Whenever you here BL issues or a problem w/ 2m temps, basically we're talking about surface temps.  There are many times in the south when the 850's are cold enough for snow but surface temps are above freezing.  If the 850's are cold enough you can see snow even though the sfc temps are to warm, sort of like we saw a few weeks ago here in Raleigh.

I don't know how many times I've had ice in the tree tops and none on the ground.  I usually figure from the tree tops down, lol.  In Atl. I've heard of people seeing snow out the 8th floor windows, and going down and the side walk is mostly dry :)  Getting snow down down to the ground, is as hard as getting MetalMan to admit he thinks it will snow :)  T

Archived