Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
February 16th-17th Snow Observations

joey2002

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering how tough this was our red taggers led by CoastalWx did a beautiful job. NWS did very well also.

Thanks Jerry, although I probably poo-poo'd it a bit too much on Friday. GFS sort of hinted at this first...but became too bullish.

Phil actually did a good job hanging on hope.

Thanks Jerry, although I probably poo-poo'd it a bit too much on Friday. GFS sort of hinted at this first...but became too bullish.

Phil actually did a good job hanging on hope.

I'm deeply offended.

ACK just verified a blizzard I believe as well.  So that'd be 2 of the few Cape stations.  Not bad.

Radar looks like poop but it's still accumulating steadily.

We are getting dumped on here in NS. All wet not white sadly. Rain gauge approaching 50mm and still coming down. Local reports of flooding around as storm drains and ditches were choked with snow and ice before hand. Up in Northern Cape Breton, winds of 100km/h with gusts exceeding 160km/h have been reported. The wind gauge at Grand Etang either malfunctioned or blew away...lol. Quite the storm even if it isn't wintery.

<edit> moved to obs thread

I measured in probably 20 spots. The average was about 7".

About an equal number of spots at 8ish as 6ish with most around 7". 1/2 last night that melted.

Drifts are 2 feet

you did very well this storm. snow fall wise and being bullish.

euro seem'd to hit it well....prob best.

if that interesting fronto band/stuff wasn't eaten alive all last nite then totals would have been a bit more impressive....

def most impressive 4 inch snow storm that i've witnessed in a while. and i didn't measure so that's a guess w the drifting it's impossible to figure out. 

looks like most were overdone with the 6-8 inch snows in N shore and SE mass (bristol county esp) although i beleve some places in peabody rte 1 area and pym country have 6 and 8 respectively

Archived