Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
February 2013 mid-long range disco thread Part 2

yoda

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tennis is cheaper to buy, shorter to play, more courts available, can be played in winter indoors, and doesnt require you to chase a little white ball. Costs less to learn too. JMHO

When you're 65, tennis is more wearing on the body than golf. Also, walking a golf course is sort of like running, burns calories, takes longer than Tennis. Plus in golf you don't need a partner.    Personally, I like fishing better than either of the other two alternatives. 

I actually root for cool but not overly wet springs. Spring run of trophy stripers in the bay get chased out early with warm water temps. I'm all for backdoor fronts from mid march thru mid April.

I have a sneaking suspicion we are in for a neg nao regime for a bit. Even though its timing sucks for snow It helps on other ways.

I actually root for cool but not overly wet springs. Spring run of trophy stripers in the bay get chased out early with warm water temps. I'm all for backdoor fronts from mid march thru mid April.

I have a sneaking suspicion we are in for a neg nao regime for a bit. Even though its timing sucks for snow It helps on other ways.

I like it cold as long as possible...nothing is better than a cold may/june...it shortens summer...when you get a hot may/june it makes summer just unbearable 

I like it cold as long as possible...nothing is better than a cold may/june...it shortens summer...when you get a hot may/june it makes summer just unbearable 

This times about a quadrillion. July and August are pretty bad. Walking outside and immediately being drenched is not something that I find particularly appealing...even if we are shooting for a record. 

Last couple of summers with being so hot have really made fishing tough. I fish lots of local tournaments and many fisherman like me have noticed during many weigh ins how small some of the catches are. Weigh ins are by 5pm and its still 95 outside. Get my drift? It has been awhile since we have had cooler summers but what can you do?

Try new methods but fishing when it's 100 degrees is not fun either!! When it gets hot earlier then the normal then it seems by July fishing is tough unless its 5am or 7pm.

March snow is kinda rare but this could be one of those years. Teleconnections do point towards a blocky pattern with a +pna building through early march.

I'm not hyping anything because all I'm pointing out is a longwave pattern that could sneak a march snow in. If it's 40 and rain I would hardly be shocked. I would be surprised if we go sustained warm anytime soon. Get ready for the whiny I want spring and it's chilly posts.

March snow is kinda rare but this could be one of those years. Teleconnections do point towards a blocky pattern with a +pna building through early march.

I'm not hyping anything because all I'm pointing out is a longwave pattern that could sneak a march snow in. If it's 40 and rain I would hardly be shocked. I would be surprised if we go sustained warm anytime soon. Get ready for the whiny I want spring and it's chilly posts.

if ppl like that kind of stuff they should follow me on twitter. (see sig)

I know I'm reaching, but the Canadian high pressure that has been running scared on the models for the past few days, looks like its trying to hang a little tough for Friday on the 6z gfs. Don't get me wrong. It's still not a win for us, but I'll play cheerleader until the next model run.

What we really want is the primary low to die as fast as possible and as far west as possible. If the waa in front of that low shuts off earlier then the canadian hp can go to work on 850 and below. It's a big stretch but there is secondary development and it has trended wetter for us. We're just getting fooked by temps.

I just looked through last night's euro. It's messy but does show some stuff to watch. Wave skirts south of us on the 24th (gfs not showing this). Temps not there but not far away. Low prob obviously.

Messy ice/sleet potential on the 27th with a similar mw cutter / slug out in front / and hints of something devoloping on the trailing front.

Cool and messy appears to be the theme through the end of the month and into early March.

What we really want is the primary low to die as fast as possible and as far west as possible. If the waa in front of that low shuts off earlier then the canadian hp can go to work on 850 and below. It's a big stretch but there is secondary development and it has trended wetter for us. We're just getting fooked by temps.

I'd feel even a little optimistic if we weren't carrying the burden of "The Streak," but I'll throw an eye of newt and lizard tongue into my cereal this morning just in case.

I'd feel even a little optimistic if we weren't carrying the burden of "The Streak," but I'll throw an eye of newt and lizard tongue into my cereal this morning just in case.

I'm not optimistic either but it's not off the table yet. Enjoy the lizard tongue though. I heard they taste good with frosted mini-wheats.

I'm seriously considering a ban on storm threads until we're within 6 hours of the storm.

Good idea.

Anyway, Bob got his wish on the low. What was once a strong low in Iowa now doesn't exist. It dies in the Ok panhandle. We have the temps on Friday morning. Guess what we don't have. Shocker.

What happens after remains to be seen, but if a low magically now appears in the lakes we can really say anything can happen.

Archived