Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
February 2013 mid-long range disco thread Part 2

yoda

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've come over to the dark side.  Soon you be buying golf clubs. 

I was there before.  Then I started getting hope when I saw the Feb 22 thing.  And now that that has knocked the wind out of me, I'm over this winter.  I have more energy and can start cardio runs in the warm weather.  I'm getting a smidge fat...I'm up to 150 dawg.  Winter weight gain is the worst.  Bring on the 70's.

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll accidentally fall into one we aren't expecting.

March and April will be rainy coastal after rainy coastal.

We probably will get something in March...a 6 inch fluke that'll melt 2 hours after it ends.

I was there before.  Then I started getting hope when I saw the Feb 22 thing.  And now that that has knocked the wind out of me, I'm over this winter.  I have more energy and can start cardio runs in the warm weather.  I'm getting a smidge fat...I'm up to 150 dawg.  Winter weight gain is the worst.  Bring on the 70's.

We probably will get something in March...a 6 inch fluke that'll melt 2 hours after it ends.

Geez you're that muscular and only 150, I'm 155 myself. How tall are you? 

Know how bad it is?

Last night, my mom called me all excited...it was snowing and the ground was white, streets were covered. She lives in ****ing COASTAL SOUTH CAROLINA.

We've become the South. Needing a fluke.

Euro is ghastly if you like snow. Monster cutter d8-10. We're in the major warm sector. Ian, storm potential? I'm all in. 

Probably too early in the yr up here still but you never know I guess. Both GFS and Euro are hinting at some potential further south I guess. Pattern definitely looking more spring like in the LR to me.

I think we're solidly into needing a fluke if we weren't before. The next 10 aren't set in stone but there is no massive hint of anything great. The stats for March speak for themselves IMO.. tho we are due perhaps.

Probably too early in the yr up here still but you never know I guess. Both GFS and Euro are hinting at some potential further south I guess. Pattern definitely looking more spring like in the LR to me.

I think we're solidly into needing a fluke if we weren't before. The next 10 aren't set in stone but there is no massive hint of anything great. The stats for March speak for themselves IMO.. tho we are due perhaps.

Can't overlook the blocking setting up shop. Just like the 22nd event, the next one in line cuts and dies a slow rotating death. Many things can happen. Heck, even the 22nd isn't totally fooked yet. Looks bad now but still. Only thing (other than the shearing buzzsaw of death) is waa in front of the dying low. Warms things up even though there are hints of secondary development. It looks dire yes, but the final solution is far from etched. 

Can't overlook the blocking setting up shop. Just like the 22nd event, the next one in line cuts and dies a slow rotating death. Many things can happen. Heck, even the 22nd isn't totally fooked yet. Looks bad now but still. Only thing (other than the shearing buzzsaw of death) is waa in front of the dying low. Warms things up even though there are hints of secondary development. It looks dire yes, but the final solution is far from etched. 

yeah the pattern is still pretty solid in the lr for chances. the climo battle starts to become difficult tho even with a great pattern. we're a week off from 50/33 avg in DC. it can happen but we need a significant event most likely.. the decent pattern won't do us much good with an event that might work out in mid-jan.

With the way things have turned over the last 48 hours, February looks fooked now.  Poor Plato.

MDstorm

Dude what is wrong with us?  Everyone who was sane turned off the game and stopped looking at model runs a long time ago. The only people here are the few die hard heroin addict nutjobs who decided complaining about their old hobby was better than finding a new one.  Especially me of course, I only say this because it takes one to know one.

Dude what is wrong with us? Everyone who was sane turned off the game and stopped looking at model runs a long time ago. The only people here are the few die hard heroin addict nutjobs who decided complaining about their old hobby was better than finding a new one. Especially me of course, I only say this because it takes one to know one.

18z gfs starts rolling out in about an hour. After that I'm done till 0z at least

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll accidentally fall into one we aren't expecting.

March and April will be rainy coastal after rainy coastal.

Absolutely - with backdoor cold fronts and rainy cold damp foggy days that stabilize the atmosphere so no severe . Dreary....

This winter (I mean what winter?).. STUNK!

At this point I just hope March ends up much warmer than avg so we can just get rolling into spring.  Nothing's worse than cold rain in late March after a horrible winter.

I hope we get a decent winter next year with at least one good 6-10" snowfall.  If so it will have been about three years since the last real snow (the "Hoffman").  Hard to believe.

Archived