• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
February 2013 mid-long range disco thread Part 2

yoda

You weren't the traget of the meteorologically impossible post.   I suspect that the target was a met who posts on facebook.

The Friday threat now is hardly worth following though I guess some damming is still conceivable, the UKMET, GFS and Euro are pretty emphatic that the initial low will go towards the lakes and then screw it up for us by parking there as energy shear eastward. 

It was directed at DT, I believe, who has a facebook acct and said the low going to the lakes was meteorologically impossible. Go look at his page. wxrisk facebook

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS looks good if your rooting against breaking the streak. If you are hoping to break the streak don't bother looking.

We should just call it quits. This winter can just get added to the sucky streak. Let's head for severe season and check back for next winter in the fall. 

We should just call it quits. This winter can just get added to the sucky streak. Let's head for severe season and check back for next winter in the fall.

Sad but true. If a last gasp fluke pops up then I'm all in. Getting a nice -nao for the first time since the useless one back during the first half of december and still nothing kinda tells the tale of a clean sweep of nothing working for us.

I suppose there's still a chance next week if the low drives into wyoming and dies there. Slug could redevolop without getting hosed with temp issues. My optimism meter as a whole is down to 4/10 and dropping.

Sad but true. If a last gasp fluke pops up then I'm all in. Getting a nice -nao for the first time since the useless one back during the first half of december and still nothing kinda tells the tale of a clean sweep of nothing working for us.

I suppose there's still a chance next week if the low drives into wyoming and dies there. Slug could redevolop without getting hosed with temp issues. My optimism meter as a whole is down to 4/10 and dropping.

actually the "full latitude trough" talked about by so many mets delivering a snowfall to the south was the final straw for me.In a normal year that low comes up the coast. This year ,it anint gonna happen, and it didnt. Winter is done move on to spring. I hate these two normal days, two cold days, and no snow..Cant go skiing this year. Maybe next.

Don't give up guys. Most of the gfs members have a different evolution for Friday than does the op. I'm not saying good, just different. Maybe there's time for a more favorable outcome.

Are your posts on an automated loop?

Don't give up guys. Most of the gfs members have a different evolution for Friday than does the op. I'm not saying good, just different. Maybe there's time for a more favorable outcome.

"All By Myself"

When I was young

I never needed anyone

And making love was just for fun

Those days are gone

Livin' alone

I think of all the friends I've known

When I dial the telephone

Nobody's home

All by myself

Don't wanna be

All by myself

Anymore

Hard to be sure

Sometimes I feel so insecure

And loves so distant and obscure

Remains the cure

All by myself

Don't wanna be

All by myself

Anymore

All by myself

Don't wanna live

All by myself

Anymore

When I was young

I never needed anyone

Making love was just for fun

Those days are gone

All by myself

Don't wanna be

All by myself

Anymore

All by myself

Don't wanna live

Oh

Don't wanna live

By myself, by myself

Anymore

By myself

Anymore

Oh

All by myself

Don't wanna live

I never, never, never

Needed anyone

That was a pretty good retort.

But it still won't save us.  We need to root for a shutout at this point.   Matt is going to kill me, but I honestly can't say I'd mind a nice 65 degree day right now.

Talking very long range (and I mean VERY) - I just would rather not see a summer of lots of 100+ days or even 95+ days. I would really enjoy a summer with a lot of 75-85 temps and not too much humidity unless we're going to get storms. I just can't root for heat like Ian does...our house becomes unbearable in the summer. 

But it still won't save us.  We need to root for a shutout at this point.   Matt is going to kill me, but I honestly can't say I'd mind a nice 65 degree day right now.

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll accidentally fall into one we aren't expecting.

March and April will be rainy coastal after rainy coastal.

Im sure we will have weeks of 40-45 degrees rains and coastal lows now thru May, It will feel kind of like SNE with the backdoor Cold fronts

Archived