• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
February 2013 mid-long range disco thread Part 2

yoda

talking about this winter. His pattern recognition and lr storm threat calls have been pretty good.

Again I think he is a good met.....but he scattershots the lr pattern in verbage that is hard to argue for or against after verification time. I will say for this upcoming 21-22 event it is hard NOT to argue with his thoughts. Its a good pattern for our region.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again I think he is a good met.....but he scattershots the lr pattern in verbage that is hard to argue for or against after verification time. I will say for this upcoming 21-22 event it is hard NOT to argue with his thoughts. Its a good pattern for our region.

HM is as good as they come but a major advantage to LR is you can be extra vague and people mostly remember the one hit and not the 8 misses.

HM is as good as they come but a major advantage to LR is you can be extra vague and people mostly remember the one hit and not the 8 misses.

Exactly. I enjoy learning from him and like reading his posts. Im not trying to blast him.....but Ive patterned my beliefs that lr forecasting is kinda like fortune telling. However, many take it as gospel. I feel bad for saying what i said in my original post about hm, but i just dont like lr forecasting for the reasons you described.

At this point I think we need to come to the realization that looking for winter threats at a week plus is just stupid. I'm so sick of talk about patterns and likely storms and on and on and on. Not one model is capable of anything remotely reliable at long range. And since those are what most of these long range calls are based on, how are those calls for great patterns and storms anything other than hyped up WAG?

It's a pointless, fruitless activity, and I'm kicking myself for even looking at the models at that range. They always show something good.

At this point I think we need to come to the realization that looking for winter threats at a week plus is just stupid. I'm so sick of talk about patterns and likely storms and on and on and on. Not one model is capable of anything remotely reliable at long range. And since those are what most of these long range calls are based on, how are those calls for great patterns and storms anything other than hyped up WAG?

It's a pointless, fruitless activity, and I'm kicking myself for even looking at the models at that range. They always show something good.

I don't understand why that storm isn't forced more southeastward bumping up against a fairly strong HP.

, instead of what its depicted to do.

Exactly. It is pointless. That has been obvious for many years, But we keep coming back. Although it can go the other way sometiimes. Pattern can look terrible and suddenly we are all talking about a snowstorm.

Just not this winter.

It's a thermal disaster. Now we have to full on root for the primary to track a bit further south, die in a perfect spot, transfer perfectly, and have temps crash perfectly. Yay

...don't forget we also have to pick the exact correct lotto numbers, too.

On second thought, that's more likely to happen.

Archived