Newest Member
    Monty
February 2013 mid-long range disco thread Part 2

yoda

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pattern is pretty decent tho like the op except the se ridge is more prominent

1-3 would be blizzard by this years standards.  I can't decide whether to keep rooting for the strong to be broken or to keep breaking the record until next year. Then I can write a funny article about me jinxing snow in the area since joining CWG.  I do think the pattern looks pretty good through the end of the month. 

1-3 would be blizzard by this years standards. I can't decide whether to keep rooting for the strong to be broken or to keep breaking the record until next year. Then I can write a funny article about me jinxing snow in the area since joining CWG. I do think the pattern looks pretty good through the end of the month.

If we can't do it in the next 2 weeks then we really don't deserve it. I've seen every possible signal this year to get *something* with the exception of a -nao. We've had a +pna off and on for weeks, -ao door to door with a couple short breaks, strat warming, mjo through the promised land, decent pac, even a touch of the elusive split flow....and after all that...nuttin.

I know many of the bigger lw features are important but it's pretty clear in a nina hangover type pattern, no -nao = no go. I've mentioned a few times over the last week or so (among others) that the greatly missed -nao keeps popping up in lr models. Now we're getting close to mid range and it still keeps popping up. Plus we have an active pattern. I don't need a perfect anything. Front thump to snizzle to frizzle to glop on the ground is fine if we can just get out of cartopperville even for just a few measly hours.

I've been quiet with lr stuff (by my standards. lol) last couple days and I plan on staying that way for a bit. I'm burned on getting burnt. Probably a good thing. It won't surprise me at all if the 22nd or next one become high prob events. But until they do, I just going to flood the banter thread with worthless drivel.

Certainly the 1st .25 look like snow, then we need to look at the soundings on Twister, but then, the nest run will be different.

And we shouldn't (at least I shouldn't) go through the excersize. Too much lead and I'm just peek and move on through the weekend. Just like Inudaw just said. First run to show a miller b and the blocking was never not there. This could end up a scattered mess in due time. I'd much prefer to just simply get a thump over cold before it's pushed out of the way then start having to count on the beloved primary/secondary thing. Getting shafted twice in one storm is kinda fitting though.

Maybe it goes below us! hahaha

Some incredible blocking is showing up....    Anything that tries to cut hard in that pattern will get sheared out .. or forced south.      Seems like the fist one in the line up is going the sheared out rout.    Let's see what the second does.  :P

yea i'd rather it go the forced south route.  should be interesting.

Archived