Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
February 2013 mid-long range disco thread Part 2

yoda

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2m temps are below freezing... so unless there is a warm layer somewhere... its snow for about .6 QPF

could be.. tho i bet there is a warm layer at some pt. i was thinking 3-5, 3-6" locally.. which might be more than a "few".. but decidedly less than a mecs or hecs.

True... but I think we would take that and play in it before rain washed it all away

we still focus on too many absolutes. we have no clue how the storm will evolve other than it has the potential to be big for the eastern half of the country. you could end up getting a thump then missing the secondary all together.. could end up with a cutter that has wimpy cad.. etc.  im not sure this run in itself changes much.

im just grumpy because there is no sign to the end of our backloaded winter. congrats matt. :(

looks like MORCH(another word i hate) may be delayed. I did exaggerate a little with the MECS/HECS talk...i didnt think the system would cut as far north as it did. No hard feelings

looks like MORCH(another word i hate) may be delayed. I did exaggerate a little with the MECS/HECS talk...i didnt think the system would cut as far north as it did. No hard feelings

I'm just giving you a hard time. I dunno what will happen. GFS is possible. Hopefully we dry slot after the thump if so.

With that set-up for Feb. 21-22.. IF it is right, the primary low will not track that far north with a 50/50 in place and I think the secondary development happens further south too.  I think this is the most legit shot all year for us to get a big storm.  I would be surprised if this does not continue to trend colder and further south.  Still think for MBY it is a snow to ice event.

With that set-up for Feb. 21-22.. IF it is right, the primary low will not track that far north with a 50/50 in place and I think the secondary development happens further south too. I think this is the most legit shot all year for us to get a big storm. I would be surprised if this does not continue to trend colder and further south. Still think for MBY it is a snow to ice event.

GFS is pretty good as is. Betting on a secondary to form further south is never that solid around here IMO. But it is a week away so it could happen.

I guess the good news is we might still end up near avg for the month. I've been spoiled by 70s in Feb too much.

I feel pretty good about a minus February. Our norm is florida-esque. Whether we get snow or not I don't know. I might try to change the format of the outlook next year or tweak it. I'm going to be pissed if I have to give myself a C+ when my ideas were pretty good.

Archived