Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
February 2013 mid-long range disco thread Part 2

yoda

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice damming signature on 192 on Raleigh's maps in 850 temps at least.  Maybe the transfer to the coastal happens south of us?  Hard to tell with 24h intervals.  Secret squirrels?  

50/50 is still there for the 21-22nd storm, but the -NAO is GONE, replaced by the old 50/50 low.  

Yeah, I think any frozen that falls for this event will probably be on the ground only long enough to measure before it melts/gets washed away.  

Unfortunately, the new Euro looks more realistic than the old one in regards to how long the cold air hangs in.  For the wnchester crowd, I'm not sure I'd trust it though. 

Wise unless it it showing a torch, then it may not be right but you usually don't get a snowstorm

Yes, Wes, I think the whole forum would agree with that one.  Who knows, maybe you catch so many fish this summer that it lowers sea level, and creates the perfect conditions for a snowy winter next year.

I haven't gotten a >2" event IMBY after 3/10 since 1993. So I am invested for 25 more days. There have been some good events in the 3/5-3/10 range. After that I will track for chase possibilities. I really liked the drive to the catoctins last April. There is a good place to hang out around 1600' and it is a close drive. Hopefully something happens in march or early april if I get shut out

I haven't gotten a >2" event IMBY after 3/10 since 1993. So I am invested for 25 more days. There have been some good events in the 3/5-3/10 range. After that I will track for chase possibilities. I really liked the drive to the catoctins last April. There is a good place to hang out around 1600' and it is a close drive. Hopefully something happens in march or early april if I get shut out

When it comes to events after 3/10 greater than 2 inches the suburbs haven't done much better. Even the extended burbs.

Archived