Newest Member
    Monty
February 2013 mid-long range disco thread Part 2

yoda

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

similar to NAM/GFS

we need to hope models are a hair warm like last night for Fri/Sat because verbatim much that falls is rain

Seemed that the GFS/NAM verified well on the surface but with how quickly everybody switched over to snow, if not starting as snow, I am thinking their BL profiles were to warm by a decent bit.

The surface is iffy on this little surprise event but seems to be closer to snow to start with than this last one. There is also more cold air right behind it. We'll have to work on that timing in the next 40 hours.

we WANT the GFS!

here's 6z for mtn

lots of snow over the weekend

http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/sample.shtml?text=Kmtn

NAM is warm, but I'd prefer the GFS be on our side

we WANT the GFS!

here's 6z for mtn

lots of snow over the weekend

http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/sample.shtml?text=Kmtn

NAM is warm, but I'd prefer the GFS be on our side

Yeah, looks better than this last turd. At least the upper levels are plenty cool. This would be a more traditional wet snow scenario. Funny how the forum exhausted itself to such a degree tracking the VD abomination that they are too tired to care about this much better looking event.

Yeah, looks better than this last turd. At least the upper levels are plenty cool. This would be a more traditional wet snow scenario. Funny how the forum exhausted itself to such a degree tracking the VD abomination that they are too tired to care about this much better looking event.

to be  fair, it really just popped up on last night's 0z runs

I've got my fingers crossed that the models have just caught on to a PD weekend event that gets bigger on today's model runs

Considering how quickly this popped up you have to wonder if we might see the solution evolve even more. Maybe for the better? PD3? Bah!!!!! Knowing this winter this will be gone come the 12Z runs.

to be fair, it really just popped up on last night's 0z runs

GFS was hinting at it on tues evening. Preip was very light here but was painting .1 down st mary's county way. Then the bullseye kept getting closer and wetter.

Skepticism meter should be high on this one. I would be fitting if DCA breaks its streak with a fluke the size of a donut.

GFS was hinting at it on tues evening. Preip was very light here but was painting .1 down st mary's county way. Then the bullseye kept getting closer and wetter.

Skepticism meter should be high on this one. I would be fitting if DCA breaks its streak with a fluke the size of a donut.

I dare you call anything positive a fluke ;)

If I remember correctly 1 of the Mets a couple of days ago had mentioned that the Euro ensemble was showing a phantom precip shadow at this time period in the mid atlantic region and he speculated that it may have signified 1 or a couple of members having a solution with a storm in this area.

If the euro is right I'll always say it. I'm not a gfs "hugger" at all.

Snow weenies better be huggin the gfs/nam on this one.

They better be hugging the GFS as the NAM is warm.  I should sit this out as to me yesterday was a non event and seems many here viewed it as a win.  My perspective is too different than the majority. 

If the euro is right I'll always say it. I'm not a gfs "hugger" at all.

Snow weenies better be huggin the gfs/nam on this one.

You know I am just ribbing you don't you? This winter has been so dismal and the boards so depressing I am just trying to lighten the mood. Besides as I said before I hug the model that gives me the most snow. So as of now. USA!!!!!!! USA!!!!!!!!

They better be hugging the GFS as the NAM is warm. I should sit this out as to me yesterday was a non event and seems many here viewed it as a win. My perspective is too different than the majority.

Weenies and mets definitely view things differently. The only thing we felt good about was changing quicker because of heavy rates. I figured I was in a shutout situation yesterday morning but got into a nice band for 20 mins. Got maybe a 1/2 inch and its still in the yard this morning because I got down to 30 last night. It's a really small win. Like pre-season NBA small.

You know I am just ribbing you don't you? This winter has been so dismal and the boards so depressing I am just trying to lighten the mood. Besides as I said before I hug the model that gives me the most snow. So as of now. USA!!!!!!! USA!!!!!!!!

I know you were. There are a lot of people on here who read and I don't want the bob/gfs against psu/euro becoming the new trend because that's silly. We're going to agree to disagree on last night and move on.

Well, to be fair....it's hard to go whole hog considering the precip shield is the size of a peanut m&m. Somebody can rip a fart and blow this thing into ne leaving us with a T or less. 

Archived