• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
February 2013 mid-long range disco thread Part 2

yoda

That is my style.  I like to offer analysis and not just the final sound bite, and I appreciate when others do the same.  I love when HM, Wes, Ian or several others offer lenghty insights into their thought process and how they analyze a situation.  It gives more then just a forecast, but its a learning experience when they share that.  THere is a place on here for quick comments but there is also a place for real discourse as well.  The way I post is just my style, take it or leave it.  I have no problem if anyone decides not to read my comments because they are too long but I am not going to offer less analysis because a few people do not like to read. 

I love your posting style. It has taught me a ton over the years and I for one appreciate it and hope you continue it.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is my style.  I like to offer analysis and not just the final sound bite, and I appreciate when others do the same.  I love when HM, Wes, Ian or several others offer lenghty insights into their thought process and how they analyze a situation.  It gives more then just a forecast, but its a learning experience when they share that.  THere is a place on here for quick comments but there is also a place for real discourse as well.  The way I post is just my style, take it or leave it.  I have no problem if anyone decides not to read my comments because they are too long but I am not going to offer less analysis because a few people do not like to read. 

You always have decent content I just think it can be communicated in fewer words, IMO.

I was kind of surprised that he was even predicting the event was going to be ice for us. Really? The whole thing can blow up at any time. We know this all too well.

It's pretty late for a good ice storm around here. Not to mention we rarely have good ice storms anyway.

I love your posting style. It has taught me a ton over the years and I for one appreciate it and hope you continue it.

Thank you, what I love most about this board is what a collaborative and learning experience it is

You always have decent content I just think it can be communicated in fewer words, IMO.

I am too wordy at times, but again just my stype for better or worse.  I think fuses are a little short right now given our run of luck, I really have no issues with anyone and don't want to clutter up this thread anymore

That ghost sys is weird.. tho who was saying things pop out of nowhere and work out sometimes.

GFS sounding looks pretty good for DC.. flip to snow somewhere right after it starts probably. :huh:

That ghost sys is weird.. tho who was saying things pop out of nowhere and work out sometimes.

GFS sounding looks pretty good for DC.. flip to snow somewhere right after it starts probably. :huh:

I was confused that a random 2-4 inches randomly pops up... maybe we get lucky... survey says we get nada

Ukie isn't bad either...but these types of events on the western wall of a big trough/temp gradient are very finicky. I would keep expectations low and then work from there. It can produce but has to be well timed.

This last event produced some modest snow too for the interior...but marginal airmasses are tough. That one had a vortmax in good position, but trended a bit poorly, but still was enough for the hills.

As we get that storm further into pre truncation it keeps going further northwest. Still don't see the excitement.

With that 50/50 you know from 8 days out it could and probably will trend south, but I don't buy the nao and 50/50 look either so the whole thing is likely to change.  It's worth watching because we don't have much else to watch and its not a totally impossible scenario.  The GFS is doing something very weird where the 50/50 low actually absorbs the midwest H5 low.  Very odd...but if that were to happen it could possibly set up one last chance as the following wave comes under the newly reenforced block.  One rule though, in February if you have a decent -NAO dont sleep on any storm threat.  Things seem to want to happen this time of year if the NAO is in a good position.

GFS la la land shows 2 threats -- Feb 25 and March 2

yea, it does that by merging the Feb 22 threat into the 50/50 and thus re-enforcing the NAO block.  That might be total bunk but if it did do that, it would probably set up a window behind it like this run shows.  All of this is unstable but with the NAO finally cooperating I think there is still a decent chance one of these threats turns out to be real.  Just not sure which one. 

Archived