• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
February 2013 mid-long range disco thread Part 2

yoda

Why not just post that instead of one of your usual 10 line diatribes?

because some people like intellectual discourse and logical analysis and not just mindless dribble

PS:  when I am skimming through these threads, I actually gravitate towards a post that has some content too it, not just a quick one liner. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was kind of surprised that he was even predicting the event was going to be ice for us. Really? The whole thing can blow up at any time. We know this all too well.

I am not sure he is predicting "ice" for us.  When he talks about VA and NC he usually means Richmond and Raleigh.  It is hard to say what he "thinks" for our area since he mentions PA as being snow, and his area as an ice threat.  Probably means snow to ice type thing for us.  Either way its so far out its crazy to even give details like that. 

Dribble? Clearly nothing intellectual to be found here

I don't know what is worse, you reading posts that you find worthless, or then taking the time to post and complain about the posts you didn't have to read in the first place that you feel were a waste of your time, and then picking a fight with the person who is making those posts.  I enjoy this, its a release for me.  Just because I left the meterology field does not mean I have less passion for it and this board gives me the chance to satisfy the part of me that wishes I had stayed in meterology.  I also love to debate things, I even coach debate at my school.  So this is fun for me, I enjoy this community, and generally like reading what others have to say and hopefully contributing to it as well.  Why you would continue to read posts of your own free will that apparently you find no value in and that annoy you, then waste more of your time complaining about, and trying to censor the author of said posts...is beyond me. 

I don't know what is worse, you reading posts that you find worthless, or then taking the time to post and complain about the posts you didn't have to read in the first place that you feel were a waste of your time, and then picking a fight with the person who is making those posts.  I enjoy this, its a release for me.  Just because I left the meterology field does not mean I have less passion for it and this board gives me the chance to satisfy the part of me that wishes I had stayed in meterology.  I also love to debate things, I even coach debate at my school.  So this is fun for me, I enjoy this community, and generally like reading what others have to say and hopefully contributing to it as well.  Why you would continue to read posts of your own free will that apparently you find no value in and that annoy you, then waste more of your time complaining about, and trying to censor the author of said posts...is beyond me. 

Your posts are way too wordy for the point you're trying to make.. Most people would not bothering reading.. Take that for what it's worth :beer:

GFS just pulled me back in.. 48 hours away and pops a nice little storm.  Temps down this way much better than last storm.  NAM has the storm to but has it much further north.  Model Mayem continues.  And I thought I would get some sleep over the next few nights.  This hobby is exhausting.

Your posts are way too wordy for the point you're trying to make.. Most people would not bothering reading.. Take that for what it's worth :beer:

That is my style.  I like to offer analysis and not just the final sound bite, and I appreciate when others do the same.  I love when HM, Wes, Ian or several others offer lenghty insights into their thought process and how they analyze a situation.  It gives more then just a forecast, but its a learning experience when they share that.  THere is a place on here for quick comments but there is also a place for real discourse as well.  The way I post is just my style, take it or leave it.  I have no problem if anyone decides not to read my comments because they are too long but I am not going to offer less analysis because a few people do not like to read. 

Archived