Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
February 2013 mid-long range disco thread Part 2

yoda

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no way that ULL would go that far north with the blocking. Euro is much more south than this

the atlantic is pretty decent so it might get the old shunt south but we need a lot of work on the gfs.

the atlantic is pretty decent so it might get the old shunt south but we need a lot of work on the gfs.

Funny you said that, I was just thinking it wouldn't take much.  And, for those who like torture, there's another spark later in the run.  Seriously, we are still in a time period where we could rack up some big snow totals in a hurry.  I'm just running out of energy.  Who knows.

its terminologically impossible for the low to go that far north with the 550 heights over Greenland...and the blocking to the south of it.

gfs_namer_216_500_vort_ht.gif

so the primary will run to our west sending us a nice dry slot as a secondary forms and clobbers boston.

let's focus on the feb 30 storm. 

I'm not going to get too wrapped up in any threat until we are close an there is some good model agreement and even then bust potential is high..models havent been very good with forecasting actual storm occurrences...just threat windows....my attitude is we have 3 weeks  - month to get accumulating snow in the city and immediate burbs...either it happens or it doesn't....

I'm not going to get too wrapped up in any threat until we are close an there is some good model agreement and even then bust potential is high..models havent been very good with forecasting actual storm occurrences...just threat windows....my attitude is we have 3 weeks  - month to get accumulating snow in the city and immediate burbs...either it happens or it doesn't....

Totally agree--threats are there, but details are obviously far from clear.  This place is going to be hard to follow for the next few days.

MDstorm

Archived