• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
February 2013 mid-long range disco thread Part 2

yoda

If anyone wants to really torture yourself go look at the nogaps. Yea it has a huge storm but it evolves almost identical to the past storm. Hour 108 is almost the same as a map from Friday. Ends up totally missing dc again but this time getting even closer and hitting from just north of Balt northeast just to torment. Luckily it's all crap on the nogaps anyways but I found it ironic.

I wouldn't totally disregard the NOGAPS model...it has been upgraded recently and is performing better now than it has in the past.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, we're desperate.  This isn't a normal winter.   For me, this is it.  

yeah i hear ya. at this pt it might be best to assume nothing good will happen and just be surprised if it does. of course we can't do that.

yeah i hear ya. at this pt it might be best to assume nothing good will happen and just be surprised if it does. of course we can't do that.

Well end up wasting feb to nothingness and all bail first couple days of march because the models show grass cutting weather. And then on March 11th we get plastered with a fluke. Bipolar meds will be flying off the shelves like tic tacs

I was going to say something, but just wanted to give him some space. Recognized the desperation. :)

He's right though. @ 84 the trough isn't the best on the front side but there's a vort coming down and some moisture getting pulled from the gulf that shows up 700 panel. GFS and euro basically bone dry...I need to seek help now

This is going to sound so cliche, but the Feb 22-23rd storm is probably the best setup we've had all winter. Both euro/gfs ens show a pretty good HP parked over Great Lakes, this far out it's a pretty big signal. So long to go, but something to look forward to imo. 

the models have basically no skill in that range.. which is why we're so often duped by them at that range.

Psuhoffman got my hopes high for pd3. He failed me

setup is there, were being screwed by a stronger northern branch vort coming across to our north right as the vort we need is digging down the backside of the trough.  The vort in front steals all the energy and pulls the trough east and the second one gets squashed.  If that front vort was weaker or not there this would have been a big storm. 

Archived