• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Feb 8th-9th Potential Blizzard

dryslot

Thanks Don for the breakdown! 1.78 QPF at Portland is nothing to sneeze at. I think there will be a widespread 18-24 inches and up to spot 30 inch amounts in southern Maine. Anyone know if this is about 15-1 ratios?

Yeah, that's not too shabby at all. This is going to be a fun one. I've been assuming 15:1 ratios for our area, which would equate to about 27" for PWM based on the Euro QPF -- but Will (ORH_wxman) just made a good point about the wind likely making it difficult to maintain that for long stretches. Either way it's going to be memorable.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They could double that map and still verify according to some of the models. Would expect they go to 10-16" for the city WSW and 12-20" here Blizzard Warning. Every single model now is onboard for a foot plus of snow here, many of them substantially more than that.

-skisheep

10-15 across the city if you go by their latest aviation forecast.

Went to the store this morning and it was the first time ever that there were no carriages left wall to wall people

I'm going tonight around 11:00.  Should be quieter, but you never know in these parts.  Earlier, I couldn't get a parking spot.  People were running from their cars, leaving them idling and double parked, hoping they would be able to secure that last loaf of bread or can of soup. One man was practically dragging his son behind him cause the little guy couldn't keep up.  The expressions of fear and loathing were painted on the face of the masses; It was truly one of those, "Oh, the humanity" moments.

I'm going tonight around 11:00.  Should be quieter, but you never know in these parts.  Earlier, I couldn't get a parking spot.  People were running from their cars, leaving them idling and double parked, hoping they would be able to secure that last loaf of bread or can of soup. One man was practically dragging his son behind him cause the little guy couldn't keep up.  The expressions of fear and loathing were painted on the face of the masses; It was truly one of those, "Oh, the humanity" moments.

Geez where do you live? Are stores closing for a week or something?

Geez where do you live? Are stores closing for a week or something?

Falmouth.  A lot of retirees or people with WWII mentality.  I am sure their basements are stocked better than some Costcos, but they have this idea that a can of sardines from the cellar ain't as good as one from the local S&S.

One saving grace for snow removal on the roads is the worst of this storm is overnigth Friday into Saturday morning...if it hit on a weekday, it would be a disaster ala 1978. We saw what even a well timed run of the mill heavy snow could do on Dec 13, 2007.

Road crews should be able to have the roads to themselves for this one.

One saving grace for snow removal on the roads is the worst of this storm is overnigth Friday into Saturday morning...if it hit on a weekday, it would be a disaster ala 1978. We saw what even a well timed run of the mill heavy snow could do on Dec 13, 2007.

Most interstates will be shut down till early Sunday most likely

A negative could also be the lack of a major sporting event (or something of this ilk) like 2005 to keep more people inside.

Archived