• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Feb 8th-9th Potential Blizzard

dryslot

winds are east tonight, piles the water in, they go more northerly as the day goes on but still plenty of issues...............looks like this is pretty much an all snow event now.  Need a big euro run something close to the nam and I am going to go all in.

I'm going all in regardless...a bust at this point would be 8 or 10 inches...been 2 years since we last saw something like that...anything over is gravy...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WE have not had a single snow day since 10-11 plenty of hurricane days.........light snow starts pre dawn, lawsuits etc etc I would imagine once winter storm and blizzard warnings start flying schools will start announcing tonight they are shut down tomorrow just makes life easy

Hope so, but thinking that because they are out of snow days, and now have to take from april break, they will be very cautious and won't call it until the morning...

-skisheep

JMA (not like it matters that much, looks very NAMish)....It has colors on the QPF map I've never seen show up before, this is going to be absolutely EPIC.

attachicon.gifjmawow.gif

hizenberg (can't believe i'm asking this) can u link the 60hr (or 72 if that's the next one) JMA total precip. because that's only to 7am saturday, still cranking then

Debris in choking snow? Lol. It's not an ef4. Should we expect to see. Debris ball on radar?

You can make jokes all you want, but it shows you aren't understanding this Kevin. 

Why do you think the NWS defines severe thunderstorm winds of 55 mph ?   Hello - 

It is what it is;  we are not making the numbers up.  52 knots is outright modeled, and that is above the sever thunderstorm threshold.  

winds are east tonight, piles the water in, they go more northerly as the day goes on but still plenty of issues...............looks like this is pretty much an all snow event now.  Need a big euro run something close to the nam and I am going to go all in.

A good EURO run and I think the entire state except for far NW sees blizzard warnings, and 12-18"+ for all.

-skisheep

You can make jokes all you want, but it shows you aren't understanding this Kevin.

Why do you think the NWS defines severe thunderstorm winds of 55 mph ? Hello -

It is what it is; we are not making the numbers up. 52 knots is outright modeled, and that is above the sever thunderstorm threshold.

LOL...you are hyping more than Blizz, and that's hard to do. Get scared people.

calm before the abject terror -

i cann't press any harder the significance of 52kt sustained wind in mid boundary layer, and although that was over Boston, you can bet you're getting 80% of that momentum even in the interior, in gusts.  That could actually mean debris mixed in with the choking white-out snow.  

If anyone is out on the road in that ...   two words:  Darwin Award!  Particularly on the Coastal Plain -

I think most of the debris will be covered in snow.

What do you guys think about NYC schools?

I taught in one as a student teacher.  Bad experience, sucky school.  :)

Springfield and chicopee have closed in WMA.

Archived