Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Feb 8th-9th Potential Blizzard

dryslot

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect after rest of suite comes in every single outlet will have 2-3 feet. You are going to be forced to based upon what us being printed out

After the rest of the suite comes in, every member of the board will be able to say that while they may not be the jackpot, they'll be pummelled.  The NAM took care of that for the NYC crowd.  Now we just need one to hit PF.  When all is said and done though, it'll be most fun inside of 495.

Didn't Bloomberg also say that Sandy wouldn't be as bad as Irene?

Bloomberg just made a press confrence in the city and said 4-6" for NYC, not sure where he is getting that, I think pretty much every model at this point is 8"+ for NYC? Suprised, since he should be commincating with Upton which is calling for much more.

-skisheep

I think before the 2/6/10 storm in BWI/DC the NAM and GFS were both showing 30 inch amounts 24-36 hours out, in that case it turned out more or less correct.

Bufkits prior to 12/19/09 were spitting out obscene 40+ amounts, and we ended up with 18 at IAD...We learned to take these scenarios in stride in that routine winter of 09/10.

Well, the NAM looks good for those of us in western New England. But we've not had a really good storm verify in forever, so I'm sure the storm will stay east. :)

Yeah--that was our model, ftl.  Regardless, even if we get skunked, it would still be considerred a good storm on any other measure.

Where in western NE are you?

Yeah--that was our model, ftl.  Regardless, even if we get skunked, it would still be considerred a good storm on any other measure.

Where in western NE are you?

It's just been a looooooooooooooong time since we had a real storm here. I can't even remember the last time we got over a foot.

I'm in Bennington (which is kinda the snow hole of Vermont anyway, but none of southern VT has had much in a long time.)

The NAM has always been my favorite model, and it's holding pretty firm on the west track, while the GFS edged a bit west. I think the 18z runs will show some convergence... at least I hope so!

It's just been a looooooooooooooong time since we had a real storm here. I can't even remember the last time we got over a foot.

I'm in Bennington (which is kinda the snow hole of Vermont anyway, but none of southern VT has had much in a long time.)

The NAM has always been my favorite model, and it's holding pretty firm on the west track, while the GFS edged a bit west. I think the 18z runs will show some convergence... at least I hope so!

get a hotel in woodford for this if it hugs central NJ coast.

After the rest of the suite comes in, every member of the board will be able to say that while they may not be the jackpot, they'll be pummelled.  The NAM took care of that for the NYC crowd.  Now we just need one to hit PF.  When all is said and done though, it'll be most fun inside of 495.

Didn't Bloomberg also say that Sandy wouldn't be as bad as Irene?

Yup he dosen't have the greatest track record when it comes to extreme weather.

-skisheep

2/27/10?

Hope  you break your slump though.  NAM, while almost certainly too bullish on QPF (what else is new?) is definitely the winner for us.

Archived