Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Feb 8th-9th Potential Blizzard

dryslot

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is quite a bit different...most importantly and more realistically...it isn't forming a spurious region of extreme DMC across the NE quadrant of the low along the warm front/LLJ axis. 

I was totally also going to say that but figured it was totes obvious to everyone.

Massive difference in how 12z GFS initialized the southern low. Much deeper and slower through its early progression.

Please stick around, your updates are appreciated.

Great post earlier with the water vapor, the system is really wrapping up already. 

GFS...for whatever reason is less exicting with the QPF through 48.  Still terrific though.

I was totally also going to say that but figured it was totes obvious to everyone.

BI is good, not sure what he's talking about, but it makes sense :) Need a great meso low guy around during an event like this.

Uncle (Ukie) came back west too...looks like it tracks almost over the BM. It was way east last night.

GFS is still a touch lackluster compared to the rest of what I've seen.

I think it's good to at least factor it into the overall picture when projecting what's actually going to happen tomorrow.

About 1.5" QPF for Boston is still a solid hit. NWS's 1-2 feet broadbrush sounds reasonable.

After yesterday's excitement, seeing only enough qpf for high-end advisory snow on 06z was a bit of a comedown.  The rebound would be welcome.

Foe whatever reason over the last couple days the 06z run and 18z runs have been noticeably different then the 0z and 12z and there really should not be i don't think

GFS is still a touch lackluster compared to the rest of what I've seen.

I think it's good to at least factor it into the overall picture when projecting what's actually going to happen tomorrow.

About 1.5" QPF for Boston is still a solid hit. NWS's 1-2 feet broadbrush sounds reasonable.

Spoken with a tinge of disappointment. How much would you hve paid for a straight gfs solution 2 weeks ago lol.

Foe whatever reason over the last couple days the 06z run and 18z runs have been noticeably different then the 0z and 12z and there really should not be i don't think

Yeah the OP runs....GEFS has been pretty good in the off hours.  OP run bad.

RGEM is up on meteocentre.  I think even east of the GFS by some bit. 

http://meteocentre.com/models/explorateur.php?lang=en&map=na&run=12&mod=gemreg&stn=PNMPR&comp=1&run2=12&mod2=gemreg&stn2=PNMPR&hh2=048&fixhh=1&hh=036

Did someone say the GFS was lackluster?  Isn't it a couple of feet of snow?

Archived