Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Feb 8th-9th Potential Blizzard

dryslot

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Save a horse ride the EUro. It's the Euros fight all the rest are preliminary matches. Some good fights though, lol NAM would shut down NYC to Portland. Some 5 inch lollies in there , some interior clown maps will approach 50 inches. Even taken Dryslots 1/3 reduction we are talking 3 feet totals in spots.

My guess is too amped up...but we'll see. I do think an inside the BM track..in betrween ACK and the BM is possible. 

It would be on these more amped up solutions, Before the GFS comes out , A euro track between the goal post of the Nam ann GFS would be plausible

It may be right, but it's questionable.

Said it on the other thread. Euro doesn't seem like its going to be bad by 18z.

Nam did well with the northern extent of heavy precip. It's either taking the lead because it figured that out first or busting for the same reason (the cascades that occur when models try to develop lows around convection etc)

Good luck to the forecasters trying to figure it out for the next few hours...yikes!

Bloomberg can't catch a break...little lighter snow or 1888?

It may be right, but it's questionable.

Its prob too amped up...we usually get a few ridiculous NAM runs. It doesn't seem to make much difference for BOS/ORH on these solutions...still ridiculous amoutns of snow, but further southwest its a bigger deal and also on the Cape.

I will say this....a day ago some models came in with unreal solutions, then backed away a bit.  Now they may be coming back...I've seen this happen many times.  It all started with the Euro signal days and days ago.  I am thinking someone approaches 4 feet...it might be in the high qpf zone over sne or it might be way far north and west in the wildcard deformation.   But I think this is historic and bigger than 78.

Offhand, do you know what model handles extreme southern energy with best inside 36 hours? I know Will mentioned non-hydrostatic modeling last night..figured I'd ask.

Late night disco last night was the non hydro models i believe and i may be wrong handle these types of convective s/w's better ala Nam/Euro

Archived