• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Feb 8th-9th Potential Blizzard

dryslot

Sure, the euro looked great no doubt about it, Will is just outlining the area that could bust compared to what models are spitting out.  6-12 is a nice starting point everything else is gravy!

But the guy from Tolland said FT. of snow for all.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

News12 is 6-10 in the I-95 corridor as far north as Milford, and a good bit of the state lives in that corridor, so there may be a fairly significant portion of the state that doesn't even reach a foot. Personally I think that's a little underdone, but I wouldn't go much higher than 8-12 or 10-14 tops. By the time the changeover happens tomorrow night, we're probably too far west to get into the good stuff.

Besides the Nam not really seeing that much liquid here, time will tell...........all depends on how long that primary holds on the longer it does the more ML warmth comes in, earlier phase more snow..........fun times

News12 is 6-10 in the I-95 corridor as far north as Milford, and a good bit of the state lives in that corridor, so there may be a fairly significant portion of the state that doesn't even reach a foot. Personally I think that's a little underdone, but I wouldn't go much higher than 8-12 or 10-14 tops. By the time the changeover happens tomorrow night, we're probably too far west to get into the good stuff.

6-10" seems low. Like I said, if 12z holds close to the EURO those numbers will go way up. Right now 8-12" probably a safe call, really no model except the NAM is lower than that. As of now, what models besides the NAM are not all snow or close? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the most recent GFS and EURO are both all snow for here?

-skisheep

Upton talking about potential blizzard warnings all the way back to NYC...

-skisheep

You can have a blizzard warning when no snow is actually falling. A blizzard has nothing to do with the quantity of snow, so I wouldn't read into that too much. What they're talking about is wind and vis. This storm, at least the brunt of it, is for east of the Conn. River.

You can have a blizzard warning when no snow is actually falling. A blizzard has nothing to do with the quantity of snow, so I wouldn't read into that too much. What they're talking about is wind and vis. This storm, at least the brunt of it, is for east of the Conn. River.

True, but 8-12" is nothing to sneeze at, and all models except the NAM have that for us, correct? If the models had 8-12" on monday and held all week, we would all be wildly excited. Would not be suprised to see blizzard warning for entire state, upton has 20-30 MPH sustained winds, which is probably enough.

-skisheep

You sure ? The KURO is calling for 35-40 in the Berks !

I actually think the Berks are going to be the jack. 35-40 inch amounts

I lived in Middlesex county in MA for 18 months they always did well. I think they jack for SNE and push 40". As for CT, look for the usual places to cash in, NW and NE hills. I think Litchfield wins the prize with close to 30".

yeah they look pretty sweet game on!!  :snowing:

09z SREFs have a 988mb low going right over 40/70 BM.  Looks like it stalls just after it crosses it.  2" for all of E MA/ CC/ RI.  1" for all other areas, right up into S VT/NH and ME.  0.5" line right to Canadian border at VT/NH and cuts across ME.

I lived in Middlesex county in MA for 18 months they always did well. I think they jack for SNE and push 40". As for CT, look for the usual places to cash in, NW and NE hills. I think Litchfield wins the prize with close to 30".

I think I would rather be in the NE hills for this one. They may not be the jackpot, but they won't be far away from that jackpot stripe that gets drawn from central/eastern Mass. into NH and Maine.

Archived