Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Feb 8th-9th Potential Blizzard

dryslot

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GEFS def came west/juicier from 00z....Euro ensembles are sickening. I don't think there is much to worry about for the E MA folks.

The place that seems to have a higher bust potential is SW New England

Bust? I think everything is in check down here.  Are some people expecting crazy numbers?

6-12 seems like a nice starting point, do you think that is to high>

You still holding caution flags or are you all in?

Snowman I'm in. But anytime you're staring at what is an average or probably 20-35" amounts I think it's wise to keep an open mind particularly as we are still just in the formative stages for this system.

The differences between the euro/ nam and others all occurred right now. Lots of convection, ironically NAM may have done the best job with the northern extent of heavier precip.

Ineedsnow yeah I'd agree on the super high totals post 12z

Bust? I think everything is in check down here.  Are some people expecting crazy numbers?

Bust doesn't have to mean lower than forecast...it could end up being higher than that down there. But I think 6-12 is a good starting point in SW CT.

Kevin thinks everyone should be forecasting 2-3 feet, lol. I wouldn't even forecast that for Boston right now...where it looks the most favorable.

were fine here nothing to worry about sw ct to nyc may have trouble reach huge numbers but still atleast 12 looks likely there

Hope your right. I am looking for an epic storm here. we haven't had squat lately.

Bust doesn't have to mean lower than forecast...it could end up being higher than that down there. But I think 6-12 is a good starting point in SW CT.

Kevin thinks everyone should be forecasting 2-3 feet, lol. I wouldn't even forecast that for Boston right now...where it looks the most favorable.

Bos will do great but they don't ever jack in these . I think they will see 24 plus but that won't be the highest amount

I don't think we're getting 18 on the shore. NWS has snow to snow/rain mix here tomorrow with any accumulation only around an inch which means zero on roads with highs in the mid-30s. Then tomorrow night any rain changes to snow for good, so I would think 8-12 or 10-14 will do it for coastal lower Fairfield county. Not going to be that bad down this way. Depending on how much of a northerly vs. easterly fetch there is to the wind, the coastal flooding and winds may be the bigger deal. Plus with the sun and upper-30s Sunday a lot of melting will occur especially for the roads.

According to NYC forum GFS and EURO are all snow or very close to it.? NWS last updated at 3 ish so they were working off the 0z GFS, which is not nearly as good as 6z.

-skisheep

6-12" seems reasonable for now, but if the 12z GFS stays at 6z or ticks towards the EURO, both of which were all snow, I wouldn't be suprised to see those numbers go up. Upton talking about potential blizzard warnings all the way back to NYC...

-skisheep

Just checked both local stations wtnh is 5-10 here, nbc 30 10-15.............I like the middle ground 6-12 can ramp up or cut back as the storm evolves.

News12 is 6-10 in the I-95 corridor as far north as Milford, and a good bit of the state lives in that corridor, so there may be a fairly significant portion of the state that doesn't even reach a foot. Personally I think that's a little underdone, but I wouldn't go much higher than 8-12 or 10-14 tops. By the time the changeover happens tomorrow night, we're probably too far west to get into the good stuff.

6-12" seems reasonable for now, but if the 12z GFS stays at 6z or ticks towards the EURO, both of which were all snow, I wouldn't be suprised to see those numbers go up. Upton talking about potential blizzard warnings all the way back to NYC...

-skisheep

Sure, the euro looked great no doubt about it, Will is just outlining the area that could bust compared to what models are spitting out.  6-12 is a nice starting point everything else is gravy!

Archived