Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Feb 8th-9th Potential Blizzard

dryslot

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trend this evening is not kind for me, expecting the EURO to continue. Still think I verify a warning snow, but probably a low end 6-10" instead of the 12"+ that I was expecting before this GFS. We are about 30 hours out from the start, these were key runs if the snowier trend was to continue, and it looks like at least for me it will not. So, with that, I retire for the evening, and with all you EURO watchers the best of luck. Think snow!

-skisheep

Well, it looks like I will be eating crow. 0z EURO all snow or close to it 18"+, and GFS all snow or close to it 10"+. Just goes to show how much models can bounce around, and that you can't become wedded to one solution. Something that I'm still working on, but, very encouraged by the trend in the overnight hours. Now, to wait until 12z, 24 hours out, it's do or die...

-skisheep

GFS def put a small dent in my excitement. I know from looking at it like others said, it can often go too far east right before an event. So pretty common I guess. I bet it comes pretty far west at 12z. NAM is just beautiful.

Look on the bright side, in a winter full of $hit, you're only issue is how much, not if*, it will snow.

GFS def put a small dent in my excitement. I know from looking at it like others said, it can often go too far east right before an event. So pretty common I guess. I bet it comes pretty far west at 12z. NAM is just beautiful.
gfses were west so I would expect a tick west, I think we are nearing consensus, warnings will go up after 12z runs.

Well, it looks like I will be eating crow. 0z EURO all snow or close to it 18"+, and GFS all snow or close to it 10"+. Just goes to show how much models can bounce around, and that you can't become wedded to one solution. Something that I'm still working on, but, very encouraged by the trend in the overnight hours. Now, to wait until 12z, 24 hours out, it's do or die...

-skisheep

I don't think we're getting 18 on the shore. NWS has snow to snow/rain mix here tomorrow with any accumulation only around an inch which means zero on roads with highs in the mid-30s. Then tomorrow night any rain changes to snow for good, so I would think 8-12 or 10-14 will do it for coastal lower Fairfield county. Not going to be that bad down this way. Depending on how much of a northerly vs. easterly fetch there is to the wind, the coastal flooding and winds may be the bigger deal. Plus with the sun and upper-30s Sunday a lot of melting will occur especially for the roads.

Stick with the euro at this point, it sniffed this out almost a week ago. Clearly has the best idea.

However has anyone seen the meso models today? I think they become relevant tonight correct?

Only runs that matter are the ones coming up :)

All the players are on the field.

http://weather.rap.ucar.edu/satellite/displaySat.php?region=BWI&itype=wv&size=large&endDate=20130207&endTime=-1&duration=0

Love seeing the 06z NAM/GFS as well as 03z SREFs basically holding serve from the 00z/21z runs.  Amazing seeing ~3" of QPF being spit out from the NAM/Euro and ~2" from the GFS.  I'm fully on the 18-24" for interior SE MA but I think the ceiling may be higher 30-36" in some localized areas.  Want to see what the 12z runs do today to be sure of that.

Spc analysis has a broad area or low pressure on the gulf coast. Similar to the earlier models. Only thing of note was the precip appears to be heavier to the north than perhaps modeled. I see a couple or inches south of kdgx where most/all models had some tenths

Ill to back to something I've said in years passed. Once the convection fires models seem to have a better handle on things. Ie 12z

Spc analysis has a broad area or low pressure on the gulf coast. Similar to the earlier models. Only thing of note was the precip appears to be heavier to the north than perhaps modeled. I see a couple or inches south of kdgx where most/all models had some tenths.

You still holding caution flags or are you all in?

Archived