Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Feb 8th-9th Potential Blizzard

dryslot

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at models watching the news channels this morning and I have to say I am getting the chills we been waiting for something like this for a long time congrats everyone!!! :snowing:

Channel 40 calling for 12" No blizzard watch.

I've been watching weather ever since I was 10 in SNE -- the Super Storm of 93. I don't think a snow solution / storm solution has actually ever struck fear into me.

I feel like the Euro runs have changed that in the past 12-24 hours. Anyone else feel the same?

It sounds like we're about the same age; I love extreme weather, mostly Inspired by living the storm of the century in western Virginia. I love snow. I was pumped yesterday morning for the possibilities, but now AM a little anxious about the storm. Not sure why. New feeling for me.

I want to believe but I'm having a hard time fathoming that Box map extending the 18-24" totals all the way out to the E slope of the Berks?!?

Yeah--I think that might be a bit generous.  I won't be suprrised for lucky folks under a deformation band to score 2' out here, but wide-spread like it's portrayed is a little high I think.  Regardless, could still be the best out here since Oct. '11.

However, if the 1.75" of qpf is right, it'll be a slam dunk with the ratios Mike tossed around last night for here (15-20:1).

It sounds like we're about the same age; I love extreme weather, mostly Inspired by living the storm of the century in western Virginia. I love snow. I was pumped yesterday morning for the possibilities, but now AM a little anxious about the storm. Not sure why. New feeling for me.

Yup. I think the only reason they haven't upped totals in E SNE is due to the divergence of the GFS.  A smart call, but in the end I fear it may not be a wise one...

Another glorious ten hours of sleep, now well rested so I can enjoy the actual snow that falls, and of course massive cleanup that will under way Saturday morning.

Good luck to all............and I hope you have enjoyed tracking, but enjoy the snow actually falling even more.

Possible but trucks/equipment are a lot better then 78. Cavat being Highways like 84 that can jam with traffic and block the plow trucks

Yeah this stuff makes me laugh, I was driving on 95 even when it was closed back in 10-11 on numerous occasions, with all the trucks and SUV's if you cant drive in snow you have some serious issues..........going out to get bread and milk in New England is hysterical, LOL.  I mean seriously.

Archived