Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Feb 8th-9th Potential Blizzard

dryslot

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it's a bizarre run, and not much run continuity... still trying to figure it out, but Euro / Euro Ens / Nam are pretty close and I gather have better handling of the southern energy...

It just has a more potent souther stream which closes off early before phasing with the northern stream... then that closed low slides east. 

Hard to discount the consistent Euro, but there definitely is bust potential as far as the NW extent of heavy snow is concerned. I honestly don't think mixing is a major concern outside of Cape Cod/Islands. Temps/heights crash and true blizzard conditions with intense snow follow.

Coastal Maine getting shanked

attachicon.gifStormTotalSnowFcst.png

But "shanked" has such negative connotations! 

Good disco from GYX this morning. Touches on potential for 30+ if meso models are right about NW extent of the best banding. It was a little disconcerting to see the GFS want to slide things east, but we'd see a good hit even in that scenario -- just not as obscene as some of the other depictions.

As luck would have it, a TV met from Portland channel 8 came to my twins' elementary school yesterday as part of a long-scheduled activity. So my guys were excitedly telling me all about the big storm and how some forecasts showed 30". So much for sheltering them from this unhealthy obsession!

tomorrow night is going to rock!!!

• Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 32. Northeast wind 7 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
  • Friday NightSnow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 20. Blustery, with a north wind 16 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
  • SaturdaySnow, mainly before 1pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 23. North wind 13 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

wheeeeeeeeee  :bike:  :snowing:  :snowing:  :snowing:  :snowing:

Also..gonna be some thundersnow tomorrow night. Watch for that

Man gfs says I disagree with euro.

Was all of the 6z stuff to some extent. Nam and euro are bent on historic the others not so much but still awesome. Euro goes ballistic very fast as the convection develops later and is west or just about everything else throughout the track.

12z ought to be interesting as one camp has to give at this late stage.

tomorrow night is going to rock!!!

• Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 32. Northeast wind 7 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
  • Friday NightSnow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 20. Blustery, with a north wind 16 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
  • SaturdaySnow, mainly before 1pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 23. North wind 13 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

wheeeeeeeeee  :bike:  :snowing:  :snowing:  :snowing:  :snowing:

LOl snow showers. 2-4" Wonder how much will really get in the CV.

2-3 feet for everyone folks.

This is happening. 

My run right now is going to feel like I'm gliding on air

It's a good thing the Kuro was showing no storm for several runs over the weekend/early week. :)

congrats on your blizzard warning.  Sitll hopefull for a weenie band and dendrite-conservign wind speeds for mby.  My brothers in Harvard and Concord are goinna get smoked.

Archived