• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Feb 8th-9th Potential Significant Coastal Storm

dryslot

Never mind that the amounts being tossed around like gospel are at the upper end of records.

I really don't get the point of releasing totals this early. 

The coordination between the NWS offices is horrific. BOX has 4"-6" in southern Windham County CT while the adjacent zone in New London County from OKX is at 14.1". I mean come on. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upton starting with 6-8" for me, seems like a reasonable call to start. Amounts increase rapidly as you head east, 9" at BDR and 12"+ at New London, and decrease rapidly as you head west, 3.7" for Central Park. Upton says they are going more with the GFS, but are keeping all options open.

The coordination between the NWS offices is horrific. BOX has 4"-6" in southern Windham County CT while the adjacent zone in New London County from OKX is at 14.1". I mean come on. 

Speaking of that, do you know why most offices(Taunton, Albany, Mount Holly, Burlington, Portland), provide ranges, but Upton prints an exact total?

Thanks

-skisheep

the biggest difference was west in the CT river area where they were removed from the core dynamics.

Box throws the caution flag at gc about eastward shift possibility as possible kbash on things here. 

Whiff east not completely off the table for W NE. 

Can envision the complaints (including from me) about the back edge coming through earlier than progged while ORH east rots under deformation.  But warning criteria still seems likely, with the fluff factor partially mitigating the QPF differences.   Planning to ski this weekend and thinking maybe S NH mountains might be the best bet instead of the B'East or the Greens.

I'm not a big fan of releasing even our totals. Right now you just need to know there is the potential for 6" or more, which is what a watch is for.

Speaking of that, do you know why most offices(Taunton, Albany, Mount Holly, Burlington, Portland), provide ranges, but Upton prints an exact total?

Thanks

-skisheep

I'm not sure but I know our neighbors (ALY, BOX, BTV, CAR) agreed to that standardized color table with ranges. That way it's easier to pass this information onto state and local authorities.

I don't see how this is anything other than a snow bomb...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I live in fear of the CF before this thing starts bombing turning winds isallobaric.

I think even if we were to switch to rain it would be early and brief, and we'd still get completely abused by the heaviest snows.

This of course assumes this thing phases.

I live in fear of the CF before this thing starts bombing turning winds isallobaric.

I think even if we were to switch to rain it would be early and brief, and we'd still get completely abused by the heaviest snows.

We have a great cold source and the ocean is colder vs a month ago. Lets get as cold as possible tonight and tomorrow and into tomorrow evening to set the table.

I agree. I think it could rain (which I'm obviously hoping for), but it could be a mix event for a good while, and again, it depends on where you're looking. It's so early to tell I'm just speculating and bouncing my thoughts off others right now. When this is all said in done there will be snow on the ground that's one thing I know.

I just dropped you from my email list, lol. Dude move to SC

Yeah I'm thinking of just dropping that signature all together...I don't even work there anymore, just promoting. SC would be very nice...I might be going to Myrtle Beach in June. You live down there at all?

Edit: Dropped it. Bring the heat 2013!

Archived