Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Feb 8th-9th Potential Significant Coastal Storm

dryslot

What do you think? He says top 5?

I think Vegas odds are like 5-10% for top 5....maybe 20% for top 10. Which is good for any storm....but doubt we can do it.

Top 5 has a very low chance of happening. I agree with your doubts on the nrn stream too on the euro. There is something about this that I don't like for prolific totals... Well several things. When I mean prolific I mean totals nearing top 10.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top 5 has a very low chance of happening. I agree with your doubts on the nrn stream too on the euro. There is something about this that I don't like for prolific totals... Well several things. When I mean prolific I mean totals nearing top 10.

Top 10 is pretty beefy too for BOS....they may only have 6 for 20"+...but they are pretty stingy when it comes to top 10 (11 actually with ties)...BOS has some big storms.

What do you think? He says top 5?

For BOS, the top 10 are:

1. Feb 17-18, 2003.......27.5"

2. Feb 6-7, 1978...........27.1"

3. Feb 24-27, 1969.......26.4"

4. Mar 31-Apr 1, 1997...25.4"

5. Jan 22-23, 2005........22.3"

6. Jan 20-21, 1978........21.4"

7. Mar 3, 1960..............19.6"

8. Mar 16-17, 1958.......19.4"

9. Feb 8-11, 1994.........18.7"

10. Jan 7-8, 1996..........18.2"

10. Dec 20-21, 1975.....18.2" (tie with 1996)

I think Vegas odds are like 5-10% for top 5....maybe 20% for top 10. Which is good for any storm....but doubt we can do it.

How many on that list did not have a good blocking pattern?

N CT gets as much qpf as ORH and yet there's no warning for the public at all. They look at that map and think oh..all the heavy snow will be north of us..not big deal..Meanwhile the euro and it's ens buries all of SNE to Se Mass.

The snow starts in CT tomorrow night too.

Just odd

The weather stops at the border, don't you know that?  This happens all the time.  Every time there's a marginal situation it's a different story just a few miles north of here. It's like the northern tier of Tolland county is forgotten.

Nice to see the trend continued overnight.  I wish the timing was better and it could start later on Friday but I'll take what I can get!

The weather stops at the border, don't you know that?  This happens all the time.  Every time there's a marginal situation it's a different story just a few miles north of here. It's like the northern tier of Tolland county is forgotten.

Nice to see the trend continued overnight.  I wish the timing was better and it could start later on Friday but I'll take what I can get!

Sometimes in like an ice event or something it's warranted..but this isn't marginal..This is a 12 inch+ snowstorm for all of SNE.. It makes them look very silly

Woke up to the EURO telling me that i'm basically all snow with 12"+ and upton mentioning blizzard conditions for friday night. Woah! GFS keeps coming closer to the EURO, and even GFS verbatim I think is advisory snow for me on the backend, correct?

Going to have to keep a very close eye on this, if 12z euro holds serve, I wouldn't be suprised to have upton post watches for NYC.

-skisheep

N CT gets as much qpf as ORH and yet there's no warning for the public at all. They look at that map and think oh..all the heavy snow will be north of us..not big deal..Meanwhile the euro and it's ens buries all of SNE to Se Mass.

The snow starts in CT tomorrow night too.

Just odd

Watch/Warning fetish meltdowns are one of my favorite parts of pre-storm discussion. Don't worry -- this will be amply hyped and the public won't be caught off guard.

Watches not needed BOX

Hello!!!Latest RPM shows 14-26 inches of SNOW across CT.....EURO Ensemble just came in with 2.5 inches of LIQUID across CT...WOW!!

LOL...what's the big deal right now?  You know you will eventually be in one.  You are bothered by the fact that Tolland, CT wasn't the first watch issued huh?

If anyone has AccuWeather PPV models, you should take a look at the 00z ECM EPS Control. Basically 1-3 feet from CNJ to BOS with very strong winds. 

Absolutely amazing system being portrayed and would probably stop a few hearts on here. Whats interesting is that the ECMWF OP has been slightly adjusting to it over the past 24 hours. 

Could be some fun times. 

Sometimes in like an ice event or something it's warranted..but this isn't marginal..This is a 12 inch+ snowstorm for all of SNE.. It makes them look very silly

There's still room for caution, that's for sure.  I'm holding off on calling for higher amounts until later today but there's no reason you can't throw up a watch to alert folks.  Having grown up here this happens all the time.  The border becomes a natural place to draw the line.  I'm used to being second rate and an after thought.

Archived