BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb Magic or Voodoo Hex? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

33 and steady rain. when we are cold enough for snow, moisture is so starved, and systems dry up like oases in the Sahara Desert.

when we have milder airmasses, you'd be surprised how much moisture we get, and how steady the RAIN is - EVERY fookin time!

I hate this damned winter.

No I tried to at least be interested for a miracle, but I punted so early they made me punt again for false start.

No worries. I was never invested and i still ended up scoping and hoping yesterday. Never even had the ball to punt and the storm still managed to get under my skin.

I've been all in for vday for a week now. It's gonna be awesome. Big storm runs this weekend with a final solution of a slider or inland Rainer.

No worries. I was never invested and i still ended up scoping and hoping yesterday. Never even had the ball to punt and the storm still managed to get under my skin. For once JB2 is on the right track.

I've been all in for vday for a week now. It's gonna be awesome. Big storm runs this weekend with a final solution of a slider or inland Rainer.

I'm so glad I actually did some investigating of the pattern and it was simple NW low screws us. The miller b h5 set up also keyed my reasoning.

All locals saying 1-3" on the backside for BALT, i say .5 if that

I'm so glad I actually did some investigating of the pattern and it was simple NW low screws us. The miller b h5 set up also keyed my reasoning.

All locals saying 1-3" on the backside for BALT, i say .5 if that

I would say no way with a normal coastal because it's super tough to throw back unless the low stalls. Forward momentum trumps.

However, this isn't typical wraparound. Its the energy from the nw low getting pulled in. Odd interaction. We don't see it often at all. Not saying it's going to produce but it's hard to say what happens with the line of precip to the west.

I would say no way with a normal coastal because it's super tough to throw back unless the low stalls. Forward momentum trumps.

However, this isn't typical wraparound. Its the energy from the nw low getting pulled in. Odd interaction. We don't see it often at all. Not saying it's going to produce but it's hard to say what happens with the line of precip to the west.

True its a merging, not traditional wraparound as some are calling it.

No worries. I was never invested and i still ended up scoping and hoping yesterday. Never even had the ball to punt and the storm still managed to get under my skin.

Really going on a limb with that call, Bob.

:lol:

Today he thinks we'll get hit on models, but real solution of no dice

I think it will happen sometime this weekend. Maybe today. It's become close to a lock that there is a trailing vort behind the cutter that gets juiced with extra energy diving down. Cutter times ok as a 50/50. It's a ripe setup for the globals to set us up for failure and despair. 

I think it will happen sometime this weekend. Maybe today. It's become close to a lock that there is a trailing vort behind the cutter that gets juiced with extra energy diving down. Cutter times ok as a 50/50. It's a ripe setup for the globals to set us up for failure and despair.

Or it could randomly happen. I wanna see 12z, like the 17-18 threat too though it could cut a bit.

Or it could randomly happen. I wanna see 12z, like the 17-18 threat too though it could cut a bit.

I like joking around but imo- I really believe in a better than 50% shot at getting widespread 2"+. Best case (obviously) is something between the last 2 gfs runs but not some amped coastal. I think the only way to get an amped coast is to go the transfer route. I'll take an ene trajectory vort and 850 pass below us as a best case. Best of all it screws NE so there may be a little bias. LOL. Just tossing my 2 cents tho. 

I've punted the V-day threat... deep.  I'm punting the 18th. I'm punting this upcoming pattern, and I'm punting whatever other fantasy threat the models conjure up.  I'm punting what remains of this winter.  I'm punting next winter.  When I get home I'm punting the dog, and if I see on old lady crossing the street I'm punting her too.  *%#$ing cursed mid-atlantic.

I've punted the V-day threat... deep. I'm punting the 18th. I'm punting this upcoming pattern, and I'm punting whatever other fantasy threat the models conjure up. I'm punting what remains of this winter. I'm punting next winter. When I get home I'm punting the dog, and if I see on old lady crossing the street I'm punting her too. *%#$ing cursed mid-atlantic.

Dear God

Archived