• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb Magic or Voodoo Hex? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

Sure. And tracker already did. But the problem is we haven't exactly transitioned into spring-like weather, have we? It remains stubbonly cool if not cold, its simply cruel at this point. I look at the long ranges not for snowstorms at this point, but for warm weather. And that hasn't exactly been modeled either. This blows.

On the money.  Wasted money on heating bills for absolutely nothing.  The worst cruelty will happen when this below-normal temp pattern is replaced by an above-normal pattern just in time for an early, scorching, marathon-length summer.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the money.  Wasted money on heating bills for absolutely nothing.  The worst cruelty will happen when this below-normal temp pattern is replaced by an above-normal pattern just in time for an early, scorching, marathon-length summer.

I'll be mighty pissed if we get an overly cool spring, since that inevitably means damp and dreary.  There's pretty much nothing worse that that, IMO.

As for summer, I don't know what the lag time would be if we get an ENSO warmup, but hopefully we start to see a bit of a Nino developing in the spring.  Might help with summer heat, if nothing else.

Enjoy being so damn LAZY and out of shape that Massachusetts got 30 plus inches of snow then you guys were forced to BEG the national guard to dig your sorry asses out of that snow. 

Has weatherwiz managed to dig out his entire driveway yet? Or is he still begging for the national guard to dig it out for him?

Quit bitchin' and start pitchin'. Get yer azz off of the couch and that jelly doughnut out of your fat face and get yer azz out there and shovel that snow. Get a Jebman shovel and dig massive amounts of snow. Pile it on the north side of sunlight blocking objects. Pile it 35 to 55 feet high. When all the townspeople are crying with embarrassment - you'll know you're doing your job.

You'd think that in southern new england, where they get snow, you'd think they'd know how to deal with it. Mayor Barry did a far better job here in DC with snow removal than you people could manage in a five inch flizzard.

But no, you guys cried and cried about how much snow you had to remove. You bawled like a baby when your snowblower blew a gasket and you were forced to shovel it. All of your advanced New England snow removal equipment could not save your sorry azzes.

I laughed and laughed when first responders and plows were ordered to get off the roads in that storm!! If that happened in North Carolina thats one thing --- But in southern New England??????? Show some pride and New England resolve.

Don't make me have to come up there and show New Englanders how to remove 38 inches of snow the Jebman way.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

well if bastardi is going to say the ensembles say "lookout" he should show via twitter exactly what the ensembles are showing, not just what he thinks they're saying. What a croc. He is misleading at best. He keeps showing the EC snowfall map to justfy his forecast, why not show the ensembles. I wont even go into his global warming babble. or psu wrestling talk!!

I have friends in the NYC area that follow him closely, I peak once in a while but I used to read him when he was free way back when.  He has done this for a long time.  He makes a forecast and then chases it, using whatever crap he can find to support why it will work out, even manipulating data when nothing really shows what he wants, then in the end when he doesnt verify, he spins the crap out of his forecast.  Let me give you his final analysis for his seasonal forecast.  These are estimates...dont remember exactly what he said

Forecast for DC: temps -2, Snowfall: 21"

Actual:  Temps +3, Snowfall 4"

Analysis:  Well sometimes you can nail a pattern, but the details on the ground simply don't go the way they should.  What can you do.  I was perfect on Sandy from 10 years out, and I would like to pat myself on the back for that historic victory one more time.  Don't worry if you miss this, I will bring it up at least once a week for the rest of my life.  I was 100 percent correct about snowcover for New Years, we had record CONUS snowcover, it doesnt matter that most of it was 1" and confined to places that should have snow, the point is I am awesome.  I nailed the flip to cold that was coming, and that the NAO and PNA would finally line up.  Unfortunately I was just 2 months late in the timeline so it did not happen until March and that was just a bit too late for the Mid Atlantic to cash in.  Remember, those places do not average much snow so all it really would have took was one big event and I would have been totally right, sometimes the details just do not work out, but look at what has happened, the historic event in Sandy, the early season snowfall in NJ and NYC, the New ENgland blizzard, the late season snow attack on NY State and New England.  No one else out there was seeing those things like I was.   I think from that we can see that this was no 2011/2012 and that I obviously am a weather God and if the details on the ground do not match with my forecast, oh well sometimes things just do not go how they are supposed too but the important thing is I am Joe Bastardi, and by the way I got Sandy right. 

I have friends in the NYC area that follow him closely, I peak once in a while but I used to read him when he was free way back when.  He has done this for a long time.  He makes a forecast and then chases it, using whatever crap he can find to support why it will work out, even manipulating data when nothing really shows what he wants, then in the end when he doesnt verify, he spins the crap out of his forecast.  Let me give you his final analysis for his seasonal forecast.  These are estimates...dont remember exactly what he said

Analysis:  Well sometimes you can nail a pattern, but the details on the ground simply don't go the way they should.  What can you do.  I was perfect on Sandy from 10 years out, and I would like to pat myself on the back for that historic victory one more time.  Don't worry if you miss this, I will bring it up at least once a week for the rest of my life.  I was 100 percent correct about snowcover for New Years, we had record CONUS snowcover, it doesnt matter that most of it was 1" and confined to places that should have snow, the point is I am awesome.  I nailed the flip to cold that was coming, and that the NAO and PNA would finally line up.  Unfortunately I was just 2 months late in the timeline so it did not happen until March and that was just a bit too late for the Mid Atlantic to cash in.  Remember, those places do not average much snow so all it really would have took was one big event and I would have been totally right, sometimes the details just do not work out, but look at what has happened, the historic event in Sandy, the early season snowfall in NJ and NYC, the New ENgland blizzard, the late season snow attack on NY State and New England.  No one else out there was seeing those things like I was.   I think from that we can see that this was no 2011/2012 and that I obviously am a weather God and if the details on the ground do not match with my forecast, oh well sometimes things just do not go how they are supposed too but the important thing is I am Joe Bastardi, and by the way I got Sandy right. 

:lmao:

Congrats, Kansas City.

But, more seriously, who the f*** cares about Kansas City?  And especially if it's snowing in Kansas City?

As I correctly stated a few months back, our region is boring outside of the big event every now and then. Plus, KC has great BBQ......that's reason enough to care and want to visit.

That's f*cking brilliant.  

His back-patting about Sandy is doubly hilarious since up until VERY near gametime, he kept saying it would go up the Delaware Bay and verify his "Philadelphia Story" which he forecasted while he was in utero.  

Archived