BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb Magic or Voodoo Hex? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say that I'm impressed with the willingness of so many Mid-Atlantic weenies (professional and otherwise) to persist with tracking this winter's long-range model storms that are no doubt doomed to failure.  It's blindingly obvious that we're not due any meaningful snow, yet the little train keeps chugging along.  Well played...

I have to say that I'm impressed with the willingness of so many Mid-Atlantic weenies (professional and otherwise) to persist with tracking this winter's long-range model storms that are no doubt doomed to failure. It's blindingly obvious that we're not due any meaningful snow, yet the little train keeps chugging along. Well played...

Crack is whack

He must be taking a beating from some DC folks today, so here is some fun with JB on Twitter:

Joe Bastardi@BigJoeBastardi

So no misinterpretation.. I love the capital weather gang great for weather! I would ask them tho to go look at DC Feb/Mar snow against NAO

You will find your 'magic link" to big DC winters are usually the warm enso (86-87,02-03,65-66,09-10) and/or neg NAO

Neg NAO now for mid atlantic Dangerous since NAO Feb15-Apr strongest link to cold/snow with center in mid atl

just curious........do wes and the other guys at capitol weather actually know jb personally??

Someone should tell JB this is a new phenomenon of the last 30 years....prior to that median and mean were much closer

Maybe he will respond to Ian on Twitter.  I don't believe I have ever once got a response from him.  He's WAY to cool to talk to the common folks.

Yes most years it heart breaks.. wonder why so many snow lovers on this forum don't move?

Comes down to economical reasons and the fact that anyone with a wife and kids and not in the upper middle class (thats not entirely pertinent but in some instances) can't really up and move for their love of snow. I mean the misses might not like the same kind of weather, but one should hope to find one who does like psuhoffman's girlfriend. All and all, it is more wishful thinking for most, only a select group is it easily plausible.

Problem with snow is you generally need to live somewhere cold and boring to get it. No thanks. Only way I'd move for snow is if was to the Sierra or something and I doubt it would be just for snow.

Problem with snow is you generally need to live somewhere cold and boring to get it. No thanks. Only way I'd move for snow is if was to the Sierra or something and I doubt it would be just for snow.

That's true, there are nice little towns in the lake belts in Michigan UP which also get synoptic snows, Marquette area for example, which have nice waterfront/lake front views and nice tight knit communities.

Also like some places on the LP west coast. Even Madison, WI isn't bad. Yes cold, but nice places. Other nice areas which maybe aren't as cold and give some snow fix are in the mountains mainly, Maine, as they don't get AS cold as the upper MW, and its a nice place according to many.

The lake belts and mountains are more guaranteed snow locales or at least odds are in your favor way more than even Madison which I mentioned, as they need synoptic systems.

I even like Worcester, or thereabouts. Seems viable for many.

Comes down to economical reasons and the fact that anyone with a wife and kids and not in the upper middle class (thats not entirely pertinent but in some instances) can't really up and move for their love of snow. I mean the misses might not like the same kind of weather, but one should hope to find one who does like psuhoffman's girlfriend. All and all, it is more wishful thinking for most, only a select group is it easily plausible.

Yes that is very true, just good to set dreams and goals and work towards them while you are young.

I am working to move out to the west coast (Oregon) with part of my family the one who is 8 (kids are late high school and college) Lots of work and challenges to make that happen but with in a few years I will have snow capped mountains in my view and can go to a snow field year round. I will be 50 or nearly so by then so maybe it is never to late?

Oh and the snow is an extra benefit, there is a long list of other reasons we want the adventure of moving across the country.

Archived