• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb Magic or Voodoo Hex? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

Gotten colder and windy out there tonight.  Bleh.  Let me be the first official whiner.  I hate this time of year.  I'm fine with winter until about mid-February, but after that, it wears on me.  I'm so done with winter and the cold weather, especially so this year, what with our lack of snow.  Snow is the only thing of redeeming value in winter.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotten colder and windy out there tonight.  Bleh.  Let me be the first official whiner.  I hate this time of year.  I'm so done with winter and the cold weather.

the euro ens mean is ugly. no sign of warm air. non torchy march - usually too warm to snow, too cold to be enjoyable.

They are supposed to get to get more snow then us. Comparing us to New England is just going to lead to pain. Now NYC having the run they are on is a little weird. NYC should get in on the southern edge of some of new England's storms but at the same time in a more normal year they should miss a few to the south or maybe get a storm that hugs the coast and they change over while we get snow. Those 2 latter types have gone extinct and now all we have are the New England storms.

maybe.. there are plenty of non white yuppies in dc. not a huge fan of new england--other than snow and cape cod i barely ever miss it.

my mother's family were from Stratford, CT

as a child, we would go up for a week in the summer, but it was really no different than suburban Baltimore and Bridgeport, a few miles away, was like Sparrows Point, the east side of Balt. City

I don;t have any bad memories, but then the last time I was there was the weekend Elvis Presley died so I'm sure things have changed!

Jokes aside, the lw pattern that appears to want to set up shop is the kind that can delay early spring. I personally favor that. Keeping the majority of the conus aob normal in march is far from a bad thing. Let's slowly walk into oppressive heat instead of running there covered in sweat.

Unfortunately, my interior dialogue resembles Ji's musings, ahem.

We are fooked this year. Again.

On to severe. And we can't muster a freakin' event that will cover the grass?

Yes that's part of the reason we all love JI. He says what we're all thinking and manages to make it funny.

Thats a great series of posts from ji. Win. Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I just went back and read them.  Those are pretty funny I have to say!  Should be archived.  He should post those in the SNE forum and see what happens.

As to Boston area sports teams and their successes in the past decade, the 2007 ALCS still hurts for this native Clevelander.  The Sox came back from a 3 games to 1 deficit and won, advancing to the Series.  Damn you, Josh Beckett!  Though I admit I was rooting for the Sox vs. Rockies in that World Series (gotta go for the AL most years!).

Only good thing about this snow drought is that:

1) Law of averages points to us getting some better snow years ahead

2) I'll be moving back to DC just in time to enjoy it!

Well, we sure as hell cannot get much less!  As Wes said some time ago, there at least is a lower limit of zero! ;)

I'm just hoping we don't have another record or near-record hot July.  I hate softball double-headers when it's 102 out!

Archived