BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb Magic or Voodoo Hex? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, you could join the upstate ny / pa forum and get a taste of being in the cellar with every event. 

I hope everyone knows I'm joking here but then again, snow is majorly heart attack seriouz biznizz. 

Even that wouldn't always put me in the cellar.  I average a bit more then places to my north with less elevation.  I tend to do better then Harrisburg and places in the valleys north of me 90 percent of the time.  Even this year there have been a few events where I got 2-3" here and it was mostly rain in Pine Grove, PA, at my Gf's 60 miles north of me.  This area is a micro climate for sure, but so is the Western MD and Canaan Valley WV area, and so is the Catoctin area.  If you go to any forum there are area's within that zone that is a snowfall maximum and has its own micro climate due to elevation.  In the PA and NY forum you have the Poconos, Laurel Highlands and Catskills, not to mention the lake effect zones.  New England has the Berkshires, Greens and Whites, and the Mt Tolland area.  No matter where you go this happens, elevation has a HUGE impact on snowfall anywhere you go.  Its just much more pronounced here in a year where all we have are these marginal crap events where even my area is only getting 1-3" and the rest of the forum is getting rain. 

Should I start a December 5, 2013 storm thread? I think we have to stick a fork in this winter! I mean one signal is good and another cancels! One storm gets kicked by another and none do a darn thing! When do you just surrender! Give it up. Let it go. See ya! Later! Good bye!

MAYBE we get some severe that makes it fun this year!

Should I start a December 5, 2013 storm thread? I think we have to stick a fork in this winter! I mean one signal is good and another cancels! One storm gets kicked by another and none do a darn thing! When do you just surrender! Give it up. Let it go. See ya! Later! Good bye!

MAYBE we get some severe that makes it fun this year!

you can already see the GL lows screwing things up on Oct 23rd, 2013. Dec 5th will be in range shortly but it's a cancel for now.

Archived