BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb Magic or Voodoo Hex? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, ok the ninth deer is to the right of the large tree in the middle, just above the center of the pic, between the largest tree and a small one back in the woods.

Bingo!  That is the position I was trying to describe. 

That is where i thought it was and I think that was EastCoast's guess but I can't tell. For me, finding the deer was easier than figuring out what he was describing.

:lol:

Kinda impressive, this relative snow drought. I know it goes into the record books as a 2-inch snowfall at BWI, but for pretty much everyone in the Balt area who doesn't live downwind of a a large industrial plant, we have not gotten a two-inch snowfall either this season or last, same as the DC area. No greater point, other than a reflection after checking the 6z GFS run. Not even a fantasy on that one. Unless you live in Chicago. 

Over 9" of snow the last couple days and some good lake effect/upslope coming down now.  Closing in on 20" on the ground -- really ended up being a perfect President's Day weekend for the people who came out for winter recreation.  Over 50" of snow now in February.  This certainly hasn't been the greatest winter out here, but Sandy and the timing of our best snows coming on or near weekends and the warmups mostly being during the weekdays has made it very serviceable.

Was out and about today and came of out a store and my daughter said she saw a flurry. I said I did not see it but it felt cold enough for it. Got in the car and looked West, we were on Rt. 40 in Frederick. You could see the snow squall come over the mountains and within a minute we had horizontal blowing snow. Drove off and it lasted for at least 8-10 min. Parked at the next store and it was done. Kind of an insult in my opinion.

Archived