BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb Magic or Voodoo Hex? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If people dont like it here or like the way things are done why are they still posting here? They like to stir up drama? They cant leave here? I dont get it. If you dont like something you buy at a store, do you keep going back and buying it?  Jesus Christ. Its not that difficult to leave a message board if you dont like the way it is run.

well that's broadbrushed a bit.. it's not like im dreading you returning specifically. i just think overall that the handfuls who post here all year round.. who enjoy analyzing heatwaves, pop up storm threats, etc. are generally more knowledgeable. we have some really smart snow lovers here but snow is a weather type that almost everyone loves and often not at all for the science behind it.

I plan on trying to learn as much stuff about severe this season than I've learned about snow since I joined eastern in 05. And I'm planning on asking you every single question.

I plan on trying to learn as much stuff about severe this season than I've learned about snow since I joined eastern in 05. And I'm planning on asking you every single question.

i might have to ban you

i might have to ban you

That could potentially be the most helpful thing you've ever done for me.

Edit: this post is a dig at my own problems of spending so much time on a mostly fruitless hobby. Not saying you haven't helped quite a bit with my understanding of winter weather because you have. And no, I'm not asking you out.

If people dont like it here or like the way things are done why are they still posting here? They like to stir up drama? They cant leave here? I dont get it. If you dont like something you buy at a store, do you keep going back and buying it?  Jesus Christ. Its not that difficult to leave a message board if you dont like the way it is run.

B-I-N-G-O

i don't get it either but some people have no life and just live on the internet to fill a void i guess.

I think this subforum is a lot better than when it first started... part of the reason I started posting again.... frankly I was tired of being bashed for making analysis when a lot of bull**** was allowed at the same time... then again... I am 23 now an I have matured quite a bit so that could be a factor as well.... simple fact is I don't have as much time as I used to, and life takes more of it. Only during a real threat of any sort do I even read the board any more.

This subforum is still way too cliquish IMO but there's nothing thats going to change that so I just don't let it bother me any more.

IMO, the forum is doing fine.  We are almost all snow weenies, and want to discuss the models and meteorology behind our passion.  I find it pretty easy to filter out who has new and interesting information and who is just throwing crap out there. 

Besides, compared to the rest of the internet, this place is like the pinnacle of humanity.  I mean, good lord, have you ever read the comments section on Yahoo news stories or most newspapers?

you found a way to make it relevant... btw, haven't seen you around from what I used to be on the board. Did you have a name change?

No, I was here but in read more post less mode. You can thank Wes, usafwx, mn t, Ian, zwyts, don s, and a handful of others for my posting presence. I'm sure there is a group of folks who aren't thanking them though.

Archived