BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb Magic or Voodoo Hex? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we were in storm mode for the SNE blizzard, I did just that and boy was there some butthurt going on.  

If we are not affected by the storm but NE is getting slammed why would we be moderated as if we are in storm mode?, I still cannot figure that one out. It's all good though you have a difficult and thankless job.

+100, it is very difficult to not have banter in a winter where you have not had one even half decent storm. If all we talked about were the storms there would be nothing said except next and gnashing of your teeth. Compared to the other sub forums with lots of posters like NY and NE I think we are by far the best. People should go read those threads for a day and they would stop complaining.

i dont think Wes/HM/Coastal/Will/Qvector, plus all the local mets etc would post here is this was a terrible forum...there is camaraderie here...we are all in it together...we may commiserate too much, but after one of the worst winters of all time, the IAD-BWI-DCA triangle generally has 2-6"....given that we are all pretty well behaved...we are snow weenies and we are in a severe drought...why would anyone expect all the posts to be consistently academic and high brow?...we have some of the most talented posters and winter experts posting here...Why would anyone care that Ellinwood doesn't like it?

I don't think the forum is that bad, esp given how much of a snow drought we are in...the forum is way better than it used to be

I agree...goofy posts don't make me angry or feel like the board is cluttered....mostly I just go....wow...dd is kinda silly and laugh. I have already had my meltdown this year...I have one every year with the exception of 09/10.... I just don't know what the major crisis is or how our forum is embarrassing...but that is how a few feel so I won't argue about their opinions...I just don't agree. We really have only had one real good snow year in the past 9 but it just seems like the last two have been way more contentious on the board...wonder why?

P.S I read the Philly forum....lol that its so much better....my opinion fwiw

I can't throw rocks at glass houses. I have plenty of crap posts in disco threads. Freshman weenies shouldnt be allowed to troll juniors and above in disco threads tho.

Trolling degrees take a minimum of 3 years of torture including one year when you actually post C grade analysis and content before you can get your license

for someone who adds alot like you do i let the banter slide some, but its the ones that all they do is post garbage, no not you yeoman :bag:

I agree...goofy posts don't make me angry or feel like the board is cluttered....mostly I just go....wow...dd is kinda silly and laugh. I have already had my meltdown this year...I have one every year with the exception of 09/10.... I just don't know what the major crisis is or how our forum is embarrassing...but that is how a few feel so I won't argue about their opinions...I just don't agree. We really have only had one real good snow year in the past 9 but it just seems like the last two have been way more contentious on the board...wonder why? P.S I read the Philly forum....lol that its so much better....my opinion fwiw

it is pretty obvious that our forum and SNE are in another league compared to Philly and NYC

Ellinwood is a good storm forecaster. I won't touch the rest.

If I was him I might not want to post here in winter either. I usually dread it as the weenies start trickling in around Nov, but I generally just deal. 

i dont think Wes/HM/Coastal/Will/Qvector, plus all the local mets etc would post here is this was a terrible forum...there is camaraderie here...we are all in it together...we may commiserate too much, but after one of the worst winters of all time, the IAD-BWI-DCA triangle generally has 2-6"....given that we are all pretty well behaved...we are snow weenies and we are in a severe drought...why would anyone expect all the posts to be consistently academic and high brow?...we have some of the most talented posters and winter experts posting here...Why would anyone care that Ellinwood doesn't like it?

Aside from when you are irrational, you are one of the best posters and contributors on the board, Mark is a good guy but he has always had that attitude that does not lend itself well to a message board with more than 10 people involved. All we need is a widespread 6" around here and this will be a lot happier place to be.

If I was him I might not want to post here in winter either. I usually dread it as the weenies start trickling in around Nov, but I generally just deal. 

he is...He has made some very impressive maps for both monthly outlooks and discrete threats...plus his maps look professional...the fact that he is too snobby to post here is his loss...we have immense talent and experience in this forum....we lose nothing by not having him here whining

The majority of weenies like myself are well behaved and also support the board. I don't get why people dread to see us show up. There are really just a few bad apples in the bunch and the mods can take care of them.

Maybe we should go back to Gary Gray's weather email updates?

When we have a legit threat the threads are humming along....there are plenty of weenie posts and goober wish casts but its just clicking...our threads are so slow now that you end up reading a lot of those bozo posts so maybe now they stand out more. Who knows...who cares...it's just a weather board and I know my knowledge of weather today is way beyond what it was when I first joined.

The majority of weenies like myself are well behaved and also support the board. I don't get why people dread to see us show up. There are really just a few bad apples in the bunch and the mods can take care of them.

Maybe we should go back to Gary Gray's weather email updates?

well that's broadbrushed a bit.. it's not like im dreading you returning specifically.  i just think overall that the handfuls who post here all year round.. who enjoy analyzing heatwaves, pop up storm threats, etc. are generally more knowledgeable. we have some really smart snow lovers here but snow is a weather type that almost everyone loves and often not at all for the science behind it. 

Feel free to analyze every minutiae in this here thread. Maybe your super-special SV membership can get us the CRAS ensembles?

You can't handle the ensembles. When the op shows snow every single ensemble shows more. It's like opening a box of chocolates and 15 bigger boxes of chocolates fall out.

Archived