• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb Magic or Voodoo Hex? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

Unfortunately for you 3, the "ayes" for some banter in the forecast/storm/discussion thread have generally outvoted you and have higher-ranking allies.  My more draconian style of previous weeks met with great wailing and gnashing of teeth.  But if there are some really bad posts that I or Midlo miss, feel free to report them.  

That's kind of what the writing on the wall is/was, and that's why I haven't bothered to post in any of the winter/snow discussions recently. The popular vote seems to be let people post away to avoid weenie butthurting. Just gonna bide my time until winter runs its course and we go back to boomers.

Or when all else fails they can just take their football and go home like you did.

Indeed. Bye-bye.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two years ago a concerted effort was made to keep threat threads on point and it worked to a degree. granted the last two winters have sucked azz but relaxing the effort just to keep threads going is going to come back and bite in the butt more when a legit threat happens.

Just look at the 13th snow event. 44 pages for a rain/snow changer where at most there was 2". We've had bigger snows with less pages. This weekends threat thread is already halfway there.

Oh no, people actively posting in a weather forum!

Unfortunately for you 3, the "ayes" for some banter in the forecast/storm/discussion thread have generally outvoted you and have higher-ranking allies.  My more draconian style of previous weeks met with great wailing and gnashing of teeth.  But if there are some really bad posts that I or Midlo miss, feel free to report them.  

Yes, Ian has made it quite clear he doesn't give a crap and won't let you moderate appropriately. Perhaps you should do what you know is best and ignore Ian?

Yes, Ian has made it quite clear he doesn't give a crap and won't let you moderate appropriately. Perhaps you should do what you know is best and ignore Ian?

you're my bud but this kinda pisses me off. same goes for others who complain insistently. i've been doing this for like 15 years. im not a moron.

Why not? You've openly said to let banter go, hell you add a lot of banter yourself but tell me over text some people are god awful

So which is it? Moderate, or don't?

i'd prefer you drop it and feel free to discuss in private.

Buds or not, it's getting ridiculous

what's getting ridiculous? that we get no snow so all we have left is hope and wishcasting?

there's a reason winter is my least favorite time on the boards. im certainly not taking the blame for that.

Ask amwx_adam how he moderates, get a view of how he goes about picking and choosing which posts should be deleted and use that as a baseline. He does a really good job moderating the forum (along with the other moderators there). Their discussion is a lot cleaner and more productive, which I and others have been striving for in this sub-forum. This sub-forum will naturally have more stuff to wade through even after moderation just because of the higher number of extremely active posters, but achieving something similar to what the Philly forum is would be a good goal to set.

Most people who complain about the moderation in the real discussion threads (those whose posts are being deleted) are mostly those who don't realize how much they're mucking up those threads. Let them know that they are in fact the ones that are in the wrong and should try to change their posting habits.

So you are saying on a weather board you would rather be like the Philly thread where you can go hours and sometimes 10 hours without a post. What's the point of even being here then?.

I don't think the forum is that bad, esp given how much of a snow drought we are in...the forum is way better than it used to be

+100, it is very difficult to not have banter in a winter where you have not had one even half decent storm. If all we talked about were the storms there would be nothing said except next and gnashing of your teeth. Compared to the other sub forums with lots of posters like NY and NE I think we are by far the best. People should go read those threads for a day and they would stop complaining.

I don't think the forum is that bad, esp given how much of a snow drought we are in...the forum is way better than it used to be

All I'll say is that when the first legit, real threat is close to occuring it might be less easy to keep a thread on point if a pattern has been established.

i think it's more fine than bad. i try to deal with bad posts by pointing out how bad they are. there is a fine line between deleting 'bad posts' and deleting too much. i think that line is often crossed.. plus it creates an environment where some people are allowed to make those posts and others arent. bad posts also can lead to good commentary after.

some of the biggest complainers have always been the biggest complainers. i like them all too but it gets old.

So you are saying on a weather board you would rather be like the Philly thread where you can go hours and sometimes 10 hours without a post. What's the point of even being here then?.

Ellinwood has a 3 part role in the winter

1) Complain about the forum here and elswhere but never make any contributory posts

2) Post only when there is a rare winter severe threat; hype and then bust

3) Passive aggressively attack the forum on facebook

the drought is the biggest issue, if this were 2010 posts would be pinkied left and right. these nickel and dime events get old and yea people are frustrated so we let it slide some.

I can't throw rocks at glass houses. I have plenty of crap posts in disco threads. Freshman weenies shouldnt be allowed to troll juniors and above in disco threads tho.

Trolling degrees take a minimum of 3 years of torture including one year when you actually post C grade analysis and content before you can get your license

I think the mods should spend a week giving the 3-4 loudest OCD folks what they want. Delete every single post that is not "scientifically correct" and "realistic." Should be a fun time for everyone. I volunteer to help prune the threads.

When we were in storm mode for the SNE blizzard, I did just that and boy was there some butthurt going on.  

I've been very good at controlling my banter since the last time you told me to stop, just sayin ;)

you have been better

Ellinwood has a 3 part role in the winter

1) Complain about the forum here and elswhere but never make any contributory posts

2) Post only when there is a rare winter severe threat; hype and then bust

3) Passive aggressively attack the forum on facebook

:lmao:

Archived