• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb Magic or Voodoo Hex? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

that's cute. i've been on the boards a long time.. only so much fun in going all in on d10 etc. think i mostly verified again so oh well.

Ive been on the boards before you came to this local so ok. But Im not talking about d10 threats to cheerlead because one wants it to happen. Whether you care about my opinion or not you come across as a pessimist. Almost hoping a threat doesnt happen so you can score against the weenies who are newbies to this hobby. Maybe realize that a bit....bc whether you know it or not you hold some influence in this local wx community.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive been on the boards before you came to this local so ok. But Im not talking about d10 threats to cheerlead because one wants it to happen. Whether you care about my opinion or not you come across as a pessimist. Almost hoping a threat doesnt happen so you can score against the weenies who are newbies to this hobby. Maybe realize that a bit....bc whether you know it or not you hold some influence in this local wx community.

with snow im pretty focused on my backyard. im not really hoping it doesn't snow, it just doesn't snow in my backyard very much.

for some reason every other event type is more interesting on a regional level to me. with snow i just want to make sure i get a lot and hopefully more than everyone else.

i downplayed a bit too much on pm update this afternoon... what i get for actually doing work all day instead of half work and half wx watching. :P

but nothing really surprising imo. little things like banding are always tricky. fine line between one or two setting up over some towns and no one getting them. if no one gets them there is no accum anywhere. even a mod band over dc didn't do much other than mix us like 75/25... i know people act like we're in amazing snow climo still but it's late season these days... yeah we have great potential for a higher end event but we also are running into the usual issues/pluses of elevation, being N&W etc.

im happy people are happy with their snow. outside our recent snow hell.. still kind of a sucky event around here. maybe a little better than that up balti way.

I followed this all day and frankly was surprised to see it change over so quickly up this way, but it's all window dressing.  As far as impact, it might as well be rain.

Hopefully, no one takes that comment differently than the way it was intended, but from a forecasters point of view, I can't imagine that "missing" this with a forecast that was calling for rain is a big deal because the snow that fell in the areas that were not expecting snow has had little impact.

But like everyone else here, I love seeing snow in any form, so I'll take what I can get.

Got it! 

The explanation was clear.  The Heavy Seas is making things cloudy.

Light snow and the concrete is going from white to wet.

Same here, oh well it was still beautiful for the hour it was coming down nicely. It has really lightened up now, but looking at the radar it should pick back up soon.

I followed this all day and frankly was surprised to see it change over so quickly up this way, but it's all window dressing. As far as impact, it might as well be rain.

Hopefully, no one takes that comment differently than the way it was intended, but from a forecasters point of view, I can't imagine that "missing" this with a forecast that was calling for rain is a big deal because the snow that fell in the areas that were not expecting snow has had little impact.

But like everyone else here, I love seeing snow in any form, so I'll take what I can get.

Yeah I think it was a bit colder on the front end than most expected.

MOS was pretty close. Maybe a degree or two here and there

The models were pretty good with the temps at my house. I did see a few flakes with temps still pretty warm but no accumulations and really not that much precipitation.  The NAM for Friday and Friday night looks wierd with sounding hugely different between DC and ppoints nw PA where the heavier precip is forecast.  It will be interesting to see what the GFS does. 

The models were pretty good with the temps at my house. I did see a few flakes with temps still pretty warm but no accumulations and really not that much precipitation. The NAM for Friday and Friday night looks wierd with sounding hugely different between DC and ppoints nw PA where the heavier precip is forecast. It will be interesting to see what the GFS does.

Ha, I hadn't even looked at the weekend. Wonder how it will work out? My first guess would be dry, but one can always hope.

Really? It was supposed to be at freezing over the northern metro by 9 pm? Not challenging, just asking.

It had places hitting low to mid 30s by precip end. I only look at the main airports usually and they all seem more or less in line.

Archived