• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb Magic or Voodoo Hex? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

Writings on the wall folks... Whether its large scale climate change or short term cycles, we no longer have climo for snow, period.

Not sure two poor winters is a good enough reason to pull that trigger. I mean we've had a lot of them in the 2000s but who knows. Some was bad luck and close hits.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the year has worn on, I've begun to adopt a new philosophy.

It seems to me that looking beyond about 3 days has way more down side than up. One, it makes the winter months fly by, two, it is frustrating as this storm has shown, three, with only a few exceptions, the models have demonstrated very little skill at 5+. I really think next year, I'm going to discipline myself to only look to about three days. I think the season will be much more enjoyable that way. It's been awfully painful doing it this way.

too much chaos in the atmosphere, too many variables, too much science that we don't know much about for the models to be very accurate past a few days especially for the more high maintenance patterns.

Writings on the wall folks... Whether its large scale climate change or short term cycles, we no longer have climo for snow, period.

I implore you to post this sentiment twice a day every day in every pinned thread. It'll be great to have "punt the next two decades" posts mixed in with the JV punters who can't quite stomach a 20-year punt like you can.

I implore you to post this sentiment twice a day every day in every pinned thread. It'll be great to have "punt the next two decades" posts mixed in with the JV punters who can't quite stomach a 20-year punt like you can.

Lol this is money. Can I sig this please? :clap:

My kids have gone sledding more times in Williamsburg than here at home in NoVa :(

I was reading the diary of William Byrd in class the other day. When he began to describe his sleigh-ride adventures in ++SN near Williamsburg I nearly slammed the book shut in frustration. No mention of IP or ZR either. What a lucky guy.

We just need to gut it out through a few more cold rains and warm rains until we get to Winter Storm WESley.   :snowman:

What storm is that, hopefully not the feb 22 threat as it still is in la la land despite me semi liking the set up but thinking that the primary would track towards the OH valley if there actually is a storm. 

What storm is that, hopefully not the feb 22 threat as it still is in la la land despite me semi liking the set up but thinking that the primary would track towards the OH valley if there actually is a storm. 

I don't know what TWC's W-storm name is...but since they got some of them from Star Trek, Wesley would be appropriate and maybe help you get on board ;)

Archived