BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb Magic or Voodoo Hex? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are a few pics of my snow chase to Boston. It was easily the windiest snowstorm I've ever been in. Made it on CNN too...that's me on the left.

Also a shout out to AMWX members I met while up there: MidlothianWx, RICWX, and Martin....awesome hanging out with you guys.

attachicon.gif413.JPGattachicon.gif414.JPGattachicon.gif402.JPGattachicon.gif415.JPG

Good stuff. Had a fun time with you guys. I definitely knew you were fellow weenies when I heard your friend talking about NAM outputs across the bar. I need to post the video of us pushing that poor girl's car out of the snow bank. Did you find the CNN clip online yet?

Here's a couple of my favorite pictures...   :weenie:

post-250-0-47261200-1360625429_thumb.jpg

post-250-0-80183000-1360625915_thumb.jpg

post-250-0-65962200-1360625923_thumb.jpg

post-250-0-35187900-1360625943_thumb.jpg

post-250-0-83981000-1360625950_thumb.jpg

post-250-0-24631500-1360626385_thumb.jpg

post-250-0-21153600-1360626397_thumb.jpg

post-250-0-17053900-1360626404_thumb.jpg

post-250-0-50032100-1360626648_thumb.jpg

Good stuff. Had a fun time with you guys. I definitely knew you were fellow weenies when I heard your friend talking about NAM outputs across the bar. I need to post the video of us pushing that poor girl's car out of the snow bank. Did you find the CNN clip online yet?

Here's a couple of my favorite pictures...   :weenie:

attachicon.gifIMG_1354 copy.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1322 copy.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9925 copy.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9929 copy.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9938 copy.JPG

attachicon.gifphoto copy.JPG

attachicon.gifphoto-4 copy.JPG

attachicon.gifphoto-12 copy.JPG

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

Awesome pics Jake. Love the one from I assume either your hotel room or the Pru tower of the Charles river and the Longfellow Br

Glad you guys all got to meet up to, funny how you guys did too when hearing someone talk of the NAM output :lol: Wx weenies

I feel like everyone is so depressed and unhappy that it eats at my soul in this subforum

Pretty much no snow for two g#$ d%$# years. If this next two weeks craters, we may all walk into traffic, not just chill. Especially is southern and central VA into Richmond cashes in, then it goes OTS, then hooks up into NE again. That would pretty much be wandering onto the respective beltways time.

Awesome pics Jake. Love the one from I assume either your hotel room or the Pru tower of the Charles river and the Longfellow Br

Glad you guys all got to meet up to, funny how you guys did too when hearing someone talk of the NAM output :lol: Wx weenies

Thanks Dave and everyone else. That shot of Back Bay is probably one of my tops from the whole trip. Really love the contrast. IRT TWC...I was able to get on camera for a few moments while Eric was broadcasting. Didn't have a horse head or anything like that handy though so photobombing was out of the question.

Here are a few more...won't torture you guys any more after this. Credit goes to Martin on these ones. I will [hopefully] have some higher quality videos of the sick bliz conditions to share after I pull them off Anthony's camera later this week.

post-250-0-56956500-1360638461_thumb.jpg

post-250-0-33961100-1360638472_thumb.jpg

post-250-0-89241900-1360638477_thumb.jpg

post-250-0-93141100-1360638496_thumb.jpg

post-250-0-52406800-1360638509_thumb.jpg

:weenie:

post-250-0-12154700-1360638503_thumb.jpg

http://youtu.be/n8PINGH8h5c

Ignore the weenie commentary...

http://youtu.be/hc7m7OmXJYk

Nick & friends helping out a Bostonian...

http://youtu.be/LuhvjuA0kCQ

Nice. Saw that tonight. Spent way too many hours at McKeldin to notice much else when I was there for grad school.

Always nice to meet a fellow Terp! Hahah I hear ya. I am just trying to find that balance now, which is easier said than done as a Finance and Management Informations Systems double major. At least I get to stay away from high level calc!  :P

Did you study Atmospheric Science? I have heard the Grad/PHD program is highly ranked.

channeling Leesburg for a moment. Whatever falls will fall. I like snow and in the past these setups turn out the way they have before. No punting or nexting but the outlook for DC to break the 2" streak doesn't look good with this one. i will watch because I like seeing flakes fly. Points N&W may fair better so enjoy. I like snow.

So how'd i do?

Always nice to meet a fellow Terp! Hahah I hear ya. I am just trying to find that balance now, which is easier said than done as a Finance and Management Informations Systems double major. At least I get to stay away from high level calc!  :P

Did you study Atmospheric Science? I have heard the Grad/PHD program is highly ranked.

Did grad/PhD program in Gvt. And I am not a quant person either. Haha. UMD solid research institution. Most programs are very good.

channeling Leesburg for a moment. Whatever falls will fall. I like snow and in the past these setups turn out the way they have before. No punting or nexting but the outlook for DC to break the 2" streak doesn't look good with this one. i will watch because I like seeing flakes fly. Points N&W may fair better so enjoy. I like snow.

So how'd i do?

B+

your defeatist tone needs a little bit of work, but the overall phrasing was superb. 

Pretty much.  Safe bet to say the northern stream wins out every time this "winter".  Can't wait until we bump out last year for 2nd warmest year on record.  

Yup.  I realize that the pattern looks good and all, but we've seen this play out time and time again.  While we'll all stick around hoping for the best, we know deep down inside what's going to happen.  That time period will look good for a couple days, then somewhere around 90 hours out, the northern stream will stick its nose in where it doesn't belong (i.e. where we don't want it) and put us on a knife's edge.  Then it'll eventually shove its fist in our azz and have us singing "Moon River."

Yup.  I realize that the pattern looks good and all, but we've seen this play out time and time again.  While we'll all stick around hoping for the best, we know deep down inside what's going to happen.  That time period will look good for a couple days, then somewhere around 90 hours out, the northern stream will stick its nose in where it doesn't belong (i.e. where we don't want it) and put us on a knife's edge.  Then it'll eventually shove its fist in our azz and have us singing "Moon River."

Guess that makes us all Mr. Babar

Archived