BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb Magic or Voodoo Hex? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the entire state of CT got Howard County'd (2/5-6/10)....there are going to be widespread 34-36" totals.

That band early last night was the sickest thing I've seen in an EC storm.

I couldn't believe the reds and knowing it was all snow. Even sleet has a hard time doing that. It was fabled basketball sized flakes for sure.

I've seen 6"/hr rates in the mtns but didn't even really know it was possible to get 50dbz snow in a nor'easter.

When I get 31" 2/5 storm, got about 4.5" in one hour, but 6" in an hour, haven't seen that. Maybe JI's PDIII?

that band didn't quite make it to you in its most extreme last night it didn't seem. i believe the the reports of 12" in 2 hours under it for sure tho.

It's funny that now the GFS has them getting a snow with the Valentines day storm.  You got to love it.

Nina climo is pretty clear....also hasn't this winter already shown her hand? Our snow if we get one is gonna come out of nowhere....no way any model will lock in on a storm at a long lead at our latitude...my very uneducated/pessimistic opinion

Daffodils blooming here.

Snowdrops and crocuses are up. Pretty much all the bulbs my wife planted in the fall peaked out of the ground two weeks ago and has gone into a semi-dormant state while it is chillier.

Did boston really gust to 98 MPH last night at 12:54 AM? Has to be wrong right?

No. The 76 may be legit though.

Snowdrops and crocuses are up. Pretty much all the bulbs my wife planted in the fall peaked out of the ground two weeks ago and has gone into a semi-dormant state while it is chillier.

Some daffodils poked through the ground in my neighborhood at least three weeks ago, and I noticed crocuses are up as we were walking the dog yesterday.

Archived