BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Feb Magic or Voodoo Hex? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its rippin here. Im on my phone and have tried to post pics but it wont work. The wind is already 35+ with mod snow. Death band an hour out. Found a bar open but no food.

Dude! Buy some shots of cherry liquor and make snowcones till you puke. Its ALL YOU CAN EAT FOR FREE up there.

Dave,chill...will do. At the Beantown pub on Tremont street. Its all wall of white outside....the wind is what makes it. No cars outside of cops. All locals at the the bar.

I know exactly where you are there, been past it a few times. Go down to the common, Cantore and Roker are there, throw some snowballs at them lol.

enjoy it bro. :beer:

Your equipment may be broken.  I just got back from walking the dog and there was easy 25-30mph gusts....

Not going off my equipment going off that I do not hear the wind like we normally do on the house. Although in just the last few mins have heard it on the back door. I may have just been not noticing it.

Okay.  I had to come over here to voice my excitement over the potential of seeing a march 1993 type superstorm on President's Day weekend.  I was 15 when the superstorm hit, and that storm, the dynamics, the wind, the snow intensity and the size of the storm coverage - florida to Canada was why I got into meteorology.  Sure here at DCA the storm changed to sleet and the total at DCA was about 12 inches I think, but the storm itself with the wind and low pressure was insane.  We may not see anything like it again in my lifetime, but just the fact that most of the models are onto a full phase monster next weekend, has me more excited than I've been since 1993.  I know 2010 was epic but getting a 980 Mb low to track right over dc or just east is something special, at least for me. This was Unforgettable:

225px-Storm_of_the_century_satellite.gif

Archived