Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
PUNTING NEMO

Ji

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Figured I'd share this bit of info about the initialization of the GFS and NAM tonight. Further north it's being debated on whether or not it influenced the NAMs very wet and west run or the GFS's east solution and etc. Probably not major enough of a thing to influence either, but this might directly affect you DC/northern VA guys if you can sneak some decent precip in. 

00Z NAM/GFS EVALUATIONTHE 00Z NAM AND 00Z GFS ARE BOTH TOO WARM INVOF H85 ON THE ORDEROF 2 TO 3C ACROSS THE INTERIOR OF THE MID-ATLANTIC FROM CENTRAL VANEWD INTO E CNTRL PA AS SUGGEST BY THE 00Z KIAD RAOB.

Figured I'd share this bit of info about the initialization of the GFS and NAM tonight. Further north it's being debated on whether or not it influenced the NAMs very wet and west run or the GFS's east solution and etc. Probably not major enough of a thing to influence either, but this might affect you DC guys if you can sneak some decent precip in. 

Thanks - good info

Figured I'd share this bit of info about the initialization of the GFS and NAM tonight. Further north it's being debated on whether or not it influenced the NAMs very wet and west run or the GFS's east solution and etc. Probably not major enough of a thing to influence either, but this might directly affect you DC/northern VA guys if you can sneak some decent precip in. 

Thank you, sounds good.

yeah, thanks

only makes sense considering the fact ROA should have been all rain per all the models

Its 39 and rain in RIC... so I would guess rain and maybe sleet

Thanks!! yea, its seems like the radar is definitely picking up sleet. I think DC north will get some decent winter precip before the changeover. by decent, I mean 1-3 instead of 0-1

yeah, thanks

only makes sense considering the fact ROA should have been all rain per all the models

Yea I actually came in looking to see if there was any obs on Roanoke since it looked like they were getting more snow than they were supposed to. Really surprised the initialization thing wasn't mentioned in here. 

Yea I actually came in looking to see if there was any obs on Roanoke since it looked like they were getting more snow than they were supposed to. Really surprised the initialization thing wasn't mentioned in here. 

sadly, probably won't make a bit of difference in the end down here, but thanks again

Archived